Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:02 AM
entropy
Fire Beetle

Default Email change

I need help from a forum administrator in changing the email address attached to my account. I no longer have access to that email account.

Thanks
Old 12-05-2018, 09:39 PM
entropy
Fire Beetle

I noticed that a developer's post entitled "Accounts/Passwords - Activation, Recovery, and Information" (quoted below) mentioned that Administrators CAN assist with changing email addresses. That's the assistance I'm looking for. If anyone knows who I'm supposed to message, or what I'm supposed to do that I'm not doing, please do tell. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
What Forum Administrators, Moderators, Developers, and Guides can assist with:

1. (All) View IP Addresses used to post on the forums.

2. (All) View Forum Account Registration Information - This includes the email address the account is registered to and the IP address that was used to register with, as well as other information such as date of birth and such.

3. (All Except Guides) Ban Forum Accounts.

4. (Administrators Only) Edit Account Registration Information. This includes activating accounts, changing registration email addresses, and other information.

Important Note: The Login Server and World Server Account information is NOT stored in the forum profiles. This means that none of the EQEmu Team is able to view which Login Server or World Server Accounts are tied to which Forum accounts and are unable to do any kind of search related to this type of information. Rogean is the only person who is able to access anything that is Login Server or World Server Account related. No one else can view, edit, search, reset, etc anything to do with Login Server or World Server Accounts.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:33 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Same post also states

Quote:
Issue:*No longer have access to the Email Address used for Forum Registration.
Solution:*If you still have access to the Forum Account, you can update the registered email address for it. If you lost access to the account and are trying to recover your password, you are out of luck. Do not register with an account you may not have access to sometime in the future!
Old 12-10-2018, 02:38 PM
entropy
Fire Beetle

I do have access to the forum account, which is how I'm posting now, and I'm still able to play the game with my loginserver account, I just can't link my eqemu account and my project1999 account without access to my original eqemu email address which is what I'm trying to do. Second, although your quoted text indicates that "If you still have access to the Forum Account, you can update the registered email address for it", that statement is untrue. If you try to do that you get a vBulletin message that says "The ability to change email addresses is currently disabled." I would really just like an administrator to help me out, or for someone to tell me with whom or how I'm supposed to resolve this.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:30 PM
entropy
Fire Beetle

Bump..................
Old 01-09-2019, 06:43 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Rogean responded to somebody in another topic.. not sure if it's fixed or not though was in reference to SMS.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42240
Old 01-15-2019, 09:29 PM
entropy
Fire Beetle

It still says "The ability to change email addresses is currently disabled." when trying to change email addresses.