EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::General Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=586)
-   -   PEQ Grand Creation Down? (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26172)

cavedude 09-19-2008 07:14 PM

God damn, I never said PEQ was going to become a PVP server.

jtuma007 09-19-2008 07:18 PM

LOL, yeah... children love to argue and fight when their favorite cartoon breaks for a commercial...

Kagatob 09-19-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavedude (Post 156371)
God damn, I never said PEQ was going to become a PVP server.

We know, but we can't take the chance that you would convert it if the only people speaking up are the ones who want it. :-)

valic007 09-19-2008 08:00 PM

i was just makeing convo i didnt know it offend anyone

Fingel 09-19-2008 10:21 PM

AC guys need to do some work eh? Looks it FOR SURE wont come back this weekend. AC guys and other construction workers do not work on the weekends. Expect them to work very slowly on monday as well...

brdian 09-19-2008 11:39 PM

Datacenter AC guys usually work 24/7. And PEQ is worth the wait.

Varlos77 09-20-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtuma007 (Post 156372)
LOL, yeah... children love to argue and fight when their favorite cartoon breaks for a commercial...

Everyone is very happy you can fart dust and play EQ at the same time, but you're not exactly showing un-childish like behavior here ;)

I only brought up PvP because someone else did, no one is saying you're going to turn it into a PvP server Cavedude. Just discussing.

lindane8 09-20-2008 01:08 PM

i agree but lets not throw it out yet

i also don't like to be on a quest but from behind i get ganked ..but for those who enjoy the pvp aspect of the game have a zone thats not used a lot that can be made as a BG(battle grounds) make 10 lvl rule and no major changes are done, throw in a few aspects that will make it more entertaining like bases or something just an idea but pvp is a great aspect of this game and to keep out dirty pkers this was would work and a new aspect would be vary exciting don't get scared of change give it shot cavedood

all in favor?

Obake420 09-20-2008 06:00 PM

hah was it me that ganked you on the PvP? hah i took my 18 sk and shammy trolls behind the sand dune on TZ/VZ and saw 3 chars chillen at docks waitin for boat. *17 necro, 14 cleric, 14 paladin* got my camera so i could see them and target but them not see me, than i charged over the hill with my sk and HT'ed and whacked away at the Necro than clinging darkness'ed the other two while they ran to zone than dropped em.

Kagatob 09-20-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obake420 (Post 156420)
hah was it me that ganked you on the PvP? hah i took my 18 sk and shammy trolls behind the sand dune on TZ/VZ and saw 3 chars chillen at docks waitin for boat. *17 necro, 14 cleric, 14 paladin* got my camera so i could see them and target but them not see me, than i charged over the hill with my sk and HT'ed and whacked away at the Necro than clinging darkness'ed the other two while they ran to zone than dropped em.

This is the EXACT reason I don't like PVP, what you have to gain from ganking them like that? Nothing! It's not like you couldn't have shared the boat. They weren't camping anything that you wanted, all you did was ruin their day because now they had to go on a CR and wait for the boat yet again.

lindane8 09-20-2008 11:23 PM

exactly

i would never want peq to be a pvp server but if we make it on a choise base it is obviously that more fun

Obake420 09-21-2008 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kagatob (Post 156439)
This is the EXACT reason I don't like PVP, what you have to gain from ganking them like that? Nothing! It's not like you couldn't have shared the boat. They weren't camping anything that you wanted, all you did was ruin their day because now they had to go on a CR and wait for the boat yet again.

thats just because your a newb it takes skill to pay attention to the zones your in and make sure you watch your back. EQ is easy enough as it is with the Point and click and auto attack....mobs are'nt the brightest its agro based. im not dissing PEQ i like it, but PvP does take more skill. they could have beat me but they didn't know how...why take the easy road to games? slackers...i tell ya :P

Kagatob 09-21-2008 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obake420 (Post 156441)
thats just because your a newb it takes skill to pay attention to the zones your in and make sure you watch your back. EQ is easy enough as it is with the Point and click and auto attack....mobs are'nt the brightest its agro based. im not dissing PEQ i like it, but PvP does take more skill. they could have beat me but they didn't know how...why take the easy road to games? slackers...i tell ya :P

Standard griefer response, you didn't even answer me about what you had to gain because all you gained was "haha I ganked this punk", another reason I don't PVP.
Sorry but if I want to play a game that involves reactionary skill to battle other players that's what FPSs are for. I play EverQuest for the quests.

ChaosSlayer 09-21-2008 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kagatob (Post 156442)
Standard griefer response, you didn't even answer me about what you had to gain because all you gained was "haha I ganked this punk", another reason I don't PVP.
Sorry but if I want to play a game that involves reactionary skill to battle other players that's what FPSs are for. I play EverQuest for the quests.

EQ actualy provides far greater potential to PvP than any FPS due to great diffirences bewten strategies bewteen classes.
So yeah- EQ is a great source for PvP, far better than any FPS out there

On WoW, which is generaly accepted as more childish and easy than eq, they have prabobly 100 times more PvP than eq - they don't even have such category as "blue" server - once you steped out in battleground - you a valid target to be ganked. I know a girl who is WoW PvP build shadow priest - she is prety uber but she refuses to raid cuase- "raids - and mobs in general - boring and stupid". She only raids people =)

so, some people play eq not just to quest, accept that

PS. I myself suck at PvP... unless of course I get to use the Gm powers vs my players on my server :grin:

Kagatob 09-21-2008 02:28 AM

You just named most of the reasons I don't play WoW, though I did get a good chuckle at the MMOs > FPS in PVP, but we've gone off topic enough already.

Come back soon PEQ!