EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Quests::Custom (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=671)
-   -   Temple of Veeshan, Vulak'Aerr Ring Event (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35922)

Maze_EQ 10-28-2012 06:44 PM

Code:

$mob->SendTo(new_x, new_y, new_z)

nuff said.

Dunge0nMastr 10-28-2012 07:12 PM

hmm icouldnt get htat to work, ill play with it some more later.

Maze_EQ 10-31-2012 09:52 AM

Worked fine for me, running it from a signal.

Dunge0nMastr 11-02-2012 01:11 AM

yep works like a charm, had to use $npc->SendTo, for what im doing now, but i think that would definatley be the best way to have Vulak or anyone summon mobs like they did on live.

Thanks maze :P
This is what i was working on and the syntax i used it in
Code:

sub EVENT_HP {
if ($hpevent <= 80 && $hpevent >= 79) {
        quest::signalwith(63129,1,0);
        quest::modifynpcstat("special_attacks","ABSERFTMCNIDf");
        $npc->SendTo(-64.0,636.4,-20.0);
        quest::modifynpcstat("runspeed","0.0");
        }
}

ChaosSlayerZ 11-02-2012 11:44 AM

I am confused - is the script for Vulak or for the dragon being summoned?

What is the significance of modifying its stats?

Dunge0nMastr 11-02-2012 03:04 PM

Sorry, i was showing maze what i had to do to get it to work vs $mob->SendTo, $npc->SendTo, that script was unrelated ill remove it so as to not cause confusion.

I just tested this on my server, covering greater distances tho your right chaos, in that it wont "summon" the mob, it will only force them to path to the location you send them too. SO in the case of ToV, all the dragons aggroed but they arent summoned directly on top on you, still has a similar affect IMO its just a delayed one.

this is the code i tested:
The Code For Vulak:
Code:

sub EVENT_COMBAT {
if ($combat_state == 1) {
        quest::signalwith(124103,1,0); #lord koi
        quest::signalwith(124074,1,0); #lord Kriezen
        quest::signalwith(124017,1,0); #lord Vyemm
        quest::signalwith(124008,1,0); #lord feshlak
        quest::signalwith(124077,1,0); #Lady Mir
        quest::signalwith(124076,1,0); #Lady Nev
        }
}

Then i picked a spot on the bridge, grabbed the loc, and added this to each of the 6 lords/ladies
Code:

sub EVENT_SIGNAL {
if ($signal == 1) {
        $npc->SendTo(-737.5,584.7,123.1);
        }
}

What i noticed is when its only a small distance being covered themob does appear to "port" tothe location you set up, but when you are trying to covering longer distances they pat, i would have to find out what the cut out might be or if it was simply just a visual thing, cause when i was testing on an unrelated script last night (the snippet i posted above) the mob always appeared to port to the spot i set.

Edit: NM wont let me edit my post above 8(, so sorry ahead of time if that causes any more confusion.

ChaosSlayerZ 11-02-2012 04:22 PM

yeah I got it ;)
I guess optimal solution would get our developers to export gm #summon command into Perl ;)

Dunge0nMastr 11-02-2012 05:25 PM

yeah i think so too lol, or look @ a plugin that would allow for the same kind of functionality.

lerxst2112 11-02-2012 05:42 PM

Maybe you guys could just take a peek at the code so you know what it does before you assume it doesn't work.

#summon
Code:

void Mob::GMMove(float x, float y, float z, float heading, bool SendUpdate) {

Route.clear();

x_pos = x;
        y_pos = y;
        z_pos = z;

SendTo:
Code:

void Mob::SendTo(float new_x, float new_y, float new_z) {
        x_pos = new_x;
        y_pos = new_y;
        z_pos = new_z;

Both appear to move the mob immediately on the server side. If they aren't updating properly on the client then that's a different issue.

But wait, there's more... The GMMove command, you know, what #summon uses to move someone, is exported to Perl as well. In fact it's used 76 times in the PEQ quest scripts.

Dunge0nMastr 11-02-2012 05:48 PM

Never saw it :P Thanks lex ill play wiht it some more later, but yeah the issue witn sendto is definately, over short distances visually a port to a spot, but it was causing all the dragons to pat in ToV which was a long distance.

Since none of this was part of my original script i hadnt really looked into it in too much depth, so perfectly natural i might miss a few things.

Burningsoul 11-03-2012 03:36 AM

For what it's worth, I remember an ancient video files of FoH I believe raiding Vulak. He damn sure didn't summon the Lords/Ladies to him, they pathed their happy rears through anything in their way to get to his chambers.