EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Bug Reports (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=591)
-   -   Soul Binders arent working anymore? (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21034)

Aramid 08-05-2006 01:50 PM

Well, that is mind boggling if it's working on yours and your NOT a GM. If Grand Creation's doesn't work, I'd presume no ones did.

Also, being that I made NO Changes when reinstalling yesterday and they stopped working at 0.7.0-821.

Aramid 08-07-2006 06:20 AM

Tried a couple of other servers with the same results. After much thought though, it's not the SoulBinders that don't work, it's the Bind Affinity Spell that's not working.

Could it be that the code for determining if the zone was OK to bind in has changed?

Aramid 08-07-2006 12:38 PM

If your compiling 0.7.0-840, here's a fix for Bind Affinity & (SoulBinders).

In zonedb.cpp on line # 91, between maxclip, and time_type, type in walkspeed.

The line should look like this, this being the last 5 entries in that line:

"miniclip,maxclip,walkspeed,time_type,canbind"

recompile zone and Bind Affinity (SoulBinders too) work again. I'm sure the coders will correct it properly in the next release, but here is a fix for now should you choose to try it....

John Adams 08-08-2006 09:05 AM

Maybe I just don't understand the logic enough yet, but in 821, we were told to DROP walkspeed from npc_types. How is adding this to zonedb.cpp fixing a bind affinity problem?

Quote:

FatherNitwit: Redid walkspeed code to be caclualted from runspeed (EverHood inspired)
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` DROP walkspeed;

Aramid 08-09-2006 12:36 AM

Yes, walkspeed has been removed from npc_types, but not from zonedb in the database.
While I'm only guessing, I think it put's the variable in a wrong position somewhere. The problem is not with the soulbinders or the bind affinity spell, but whether or not you can acutally bind in the zone you are in determined by the canbind variable.

By adding BACK in walkspeed to the query, it puts canbind back in the correct position. It was there before, but removed in 840.

I'm not a programmer by any means, just tend to get hooked on something and try to figure out how to make it work. This solution is what I found.

It corrected the problem for me in 840. As I said before, the coders will fix it in the proper place but for now, if you want to fix it... this will work.

John Adams 08-09-2006 01:14 AM

Ahh, ok. I follow you now. Thanks!

Magoth78 08-09-2006 08:05 PM

Hello there,

instead of adding 'walkspeed' in the query that will give your error if you remove it from your database, just comment:

zonedb.cpp, line 114
Code:

r++
to
Code:

//r++;
Have fun,
Mag

Aramid 08-11-2006 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magoth78
Hello there,

instead of adding 'walkspeed' in the query that will give your error if you remove it from your database, just comment:

zonedb.cpp, line 114

Have fun,
Mag

Will do in next release, which is out today and remains the same... and it's line 115, but whats a line between _______.

Thanks for letting us know.

Really appreciate it. 8-)