EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::News (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=594)
-   -   Live Compatible Login Server (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15555)

Charmy 08-28-2004 06:45 AM

restart your computer, i get that sometimes.

karkar 08-28-2004 06:50 AM

Test works great! :D

laendrick 08-28-2004 08:43 AM

Worked great for logging in for me too, though in the +- 10 minuts i took to test it fast, i saw 2 minor flaws.. : max level to 146 (no biggie), and also i had a "You have killed Velketor the Sorcerer" only when i launched the auto-attack on him (no corpse though, was still attacking me and all, just got the impression there was a message that shouldn't have poped)

Well..you said eqemu 5.8DR1 could be reported on the forums, didn't see a thread about it, posted here instead of creating one that shouldn't maybe have existed...

EDIT : Thanks on reply, and nevermind, didnt see that one...posting there

Derision 08-28-2004 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laendrick
Well..you said eqemu 5.8DR1 could be reported on the forums, didn't see a thread about it, posted here instead of creating one that shouldn't maybe have existed...

There is one thread about bugs on the 5.8 test server here

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16887

meowmix11 08-28-2004 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmy
restart your computer, i get that sometimes.

Wont work. :( I restarted many times and still got the error.

the2ndone 08-28-2004 06:12 PM

I have an odd problem when i log on sometimes theres toons on there that are not mine. every time i log on there are diffrent toons one time i had a frog war that was 255 and named grogg or something like that. lol idk i only saw the toon i made once.

bluejam 08-28-2004 09:32 PM

That probably is a db problem and I've seen it before, so don't worry. It should be a minor problem.

Blakkjak 08-29-2004 01:30 AM

error

marglar/obliv/shro here, I am getting the timeout error as well, here is what my eqhost contains

Code:

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5996

[LoginServer]
Host=xp-smitchell:7308

is this correct? the login-server part was auto added after I followed the directions on the main page.

*edit* nevermind, figured it out. for those dumb like me, after you finish with the authorization bit you just change eqhost to

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5996

and you are gtg... so I think anyways, now when I try to log into the test server , it freezes after charecter select screen. when I try to enter the world.

DrDre1854 08-29-2004 06:42 AM

i have done this eqhost.txt part of everything, i just dont get how to do this part:

Then you will need to log in to the login server from EQ from the same IP as you connected to the authorization reset page . This is very important. After this, what ever IP you want to connect to the login server from is fine.

How am i suppose to change my IP to the one it gives me?

Derision 08-29-2004 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDre1854
i have done this eqhost.txt part of everything, i just dont get how to do this part:

Then you will need to log in to the login server from EQ from the same IP as you connected to the authorization reset page . This is very important. After this, what ever IP you want to connect to the login server from is fine.

How am i suppose to change my IP to the one it gives me?

The IP address it shows is the one you are currently using ... you don't need to reconfigure or change anything, just proceed as the post says.

DrDre1854 08-29-2004 06:47 AM

K thanx

sotonin 08-29-2004 08:34 AM

Did reset. set eqhost and logged in...

wa la a 65 enchanter on my account.. wtf ?

it let me log in too...

log out.. close eq. open it again... this time

Duke : 61 paladin
GordonZero: 250 wizard
Kittty: 65 Beastlord
Kitty: 65 Beastlord

... w t f mate ?

I figrue 3rd times a charm..... WRONG.

Grungan: 255 Shaman
Himmy: 1 Magician
Lorelia: 65 Rogue

Slightly buggy, i'm gonna stop trying now

Pingu0 08-29-2004 09:20 AM

Ok i TOTALLY fucked this up.

for some reason i have two accounts... Pingu0 and Pingu00.. i originally used my everquest activation key on pingu00 and did the new auth thing on pingu0 (or the other way round) so now i can't play it on either of the characters.. is there anyway i can fix this..? =/

sotonin 08-29-2004 10:00 AM

do an auth on the other account.

Shadow-Wolf 08-29-2004 10:17 AM

yeah sotonin thats a db bug, everyones getting it i never have the same characters when i log in, if you ever get Shadowwolf thats mine, there sohuld also be one with 250+ shaman necor and other with my other character Shadowtwo