EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   The Last Stand (PvP) (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20696)

klamath 07-18-2006 07:36 AM

We have got forums but the site won't be given untill beta is finish.

1. You stated that the only spells that will be in game are those in classic EQ. How will we obtain these spells? If it is through normal classic means (i.e. buying them as opposed to a spell distributer NPC) how will you deal with the classic spells that are not normally on vendors (quest or research only), such as Ice Comet?

All spells are buyable from a spell npc for your class. no quest for them not untill kunark is open.

2. Do debuff spells, such as Tashani, Malo, etc., do 1.5X the normal debuff effect, like in Live PVP?

Yes.

3. Do damage spells do 66% damage in PVP, and if so does this include DoTs?

Damage will do 58% in pvp. includeing dots.

4. When Kunark opens are Kunark era spells going to become avaiable?

No not untill we raise the level to 55 or 60.

5. Has melee damage been altered at all, or is it the same as Live?

Melee damage not altered but its not the same as other eqemu's damage.

6. Is there a group experience modifier (bonus) that is different from Live?

No group bonus at this time.

7. Are all classic EQ item drops/named mobs in game? I.e. does the Foreman Tunic drop off the Foreman in sola, do GEBs drop of ELord in solb, GBS off Pyzgin, etc?

I can't say there all in there no. but GEBS GBS do drop of the correct mobs.

8. Specifically, are Jboots in game? (not asking how you get them if you want to keep it under wraps, just asking if they are obtainable)

Custom Quest for these are in but not questable untill you got ally faction. all i will say.

9. Are there any tradeskills functioning, specifically jewelcraft? And if not is there a vendor where we can buy stat jewelry that we would normally be able to buy off players?

They are being worked on. not far away now.

10. Are the planes going to be open and populated?

Planes will never be added to the server ever.

wolverine 07-18-2006 11:03 AM

Dear God I can't wait for this server.

Barl 07-18-2006 07:23 PM

Will there be any other high level zones other than solb / perma ? I am curious where the high level gear will be since there is no planes... I realize that you probably dont want to reveal to much about the server in this aspect, but id just like to know if there will be much high level content ?

klamath 07-18-2006 08:54 PM

my bad i thought he was on about Planes of powers. Pofear/Pohate will be open but a 0.6% drop chance out of 40 NPC killed. But Pofear won't be like other eqemu servers where u can go in with 2 people and farm the whole lot you will need atleast 2 groups maybe 3 and a full raid force for cazic.

Smedy 07-23-2006 04:29 AM

i cant wait for this server damn!!! any expectations when it should be open?

Ellie 07-23-2006 06:33 AM

Not sure if this is still the plan, but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by klamath
The count down to the grand open as started ------ August the First 6 EST --------- See you all there.

Jonathan5 07-25-2006 06:06 AM

Hey all, I've been out of the EQ scene for a while, and I wanna start playing again. I use to play on Rallos Zek the classic PvP server back in 99'. I saw your server "The Last Stand" and it caught my interest. I'm not the only one, I have about 5 other people who would possibly join too. I know one of the main factors to having a good server is having a good population. So I could help advertise and get some more people to play on this server, but I'm not sure how much your server can handle. My friends and I are really excited for this server, we're practically counting down the days (August 1st). I'd love to revisit my classic EQ days again, so if there is any info/updates you can give me please do. PM me, for my email and such. Thanks.

klamath 07-26-2006 04:44 AM

We have hit a snag with the timers for pvp events and the overall events what are men't to start on there own at points durting the days/weeks and months we are on the case.

I will be taking questions on EQEMU irc for the next 3 hours from now. in channel #TLS. Thanks

klamath 07-27-2006 02:07 PM

Just a basic update.

The server beta's are over.

1. The PvP rules are 1 item loot including all money they have on them. You won't be allowed to loot weps or range. We have questable bags where you can place your items in if your getting pked normal bags can be opened on your death and looted out off.

You can only quest 1 bag witch is 8 slot so you cannot bag everything. so there is allways a reward for the person killing you. Main bosses can drop item bags for you witch come in 10 slot bags.

We have aimed for a later date sorry people. There is a few exploits and some little bugs. we are working around the clock trying to sort these out theres allways 2 people on 24/7 trying to crack the case.

We are not going to open untill we have got to the bottom of these exploits. a nice person from the beta tester pointed these out to us and they are on the mend.

If we did open the server on the first of august there might be still a few exploits so we wanna make sure we get rid of everything that gives the player the advantage.

The eta is now the 4th of august friday. at 5 EST. The website and info will be given out on the 3rd of august thursday.

thanks for your time klamath.

Sourdough35 07-27-2006 03:36 PM

Would the contents of your database work with PEQ's? Would you be comfortable sharing? Your server sounds amazing, but I see a lot of potential for people who might not want PVP content or want to play extra expansions. From what I know, PEQ doesn't have a whole lot of quest or faction content. It seems like you guys should collaborate.

Best of luck with the server. I can't wait to join up!

klamath 07-27-2006 08:12 PM

Not sharing the database at this time. We have only done old zones and kunark. If and when the server dies the database will be come open to the highest people in eqemu if they can do anything with the 2.

Smedy 07-28-2006 10:02 PM

sounds very wise to have it closed untill you guys figure out all glitches/hax that are usable, wouldnt want this great server ending up like most of others, aka warsaint and hes crew running around with MQ ruining the time for everybody!

Jonathan5 07-30-2006 10:50 AM

Finally got EQ to work, so I guess I'm just going to wait for August 4th to come around. Just curious, are there any updates on what the UI is going to look like?

klamath 07-30-2006 06:30 PM

Hmm. its not classic ui because thats nearly impossible. :o

Ellie 08-01-2006 10:22 AM

As we draw closer to the opening of the server, and after talking with some people a few more important questions came up.

1. First, just to get clarification, for spells like Ice Comet, Lich, Bond of Death, Life Leech and many of the Necro pet spells, which were previously research/quest only- you said they would be in game, but have they been put on normal spell vendors in cities? We just want to confirm that they are in fact available from a vendor.

2. The only available Mage pet spells for many of the mid-levels were on a vendor in OOT... Is this still the only place to get them, and do the boats work, or is there some other way to get to the vendor in oot for these spells?

3. Ice Comet. It is extremely important for wizards that this spell is done right because, lets face it, without IC wizzies in vanilla EQ are little more than Mages without pets. Additionally, IC has been majorly tweaked numerous times in both Live and on emu servers. At this point its hard to know exactly what you are going to get with IC, or if its even worth playing a wiz. In order to figure this out, can you tell us:

A. How much does IC do pve and pvp?
B. What is the mana cost and cast time?
C. Is there a -10 to the resist modifier like on live?

Again, I only single this spell out because it is such a contentious and unpredictable spell on every server, and there is no way to determine what you are going to get without hearing it straight up from the guy running things :)

4. You mentioned that Jboots were a custom quest. Are there other custom quests, and are there custom mobs and items, or is it mainly exactly like EQ circa 1999?

5. I think you mentioned that you removed all spells for the early levels that came after original EQ, (for example the lvl 44 Shaman spell Stoicism, or the lvl 37 Druid spell Ro's Firey Sundering), is this correct? Are there any plans to implement them at a later time?

6. In Live Wizards have a natural % chance to crit with thier DD spells, is this on your server as well?

Thanks for all your patience and taking the time to answer all of our questions. Just think of all these detailed questions as proof of how much we are looking forward to your server opening ;)

Dionysus