EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::GeorgeS's Tools (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=674)
-   -   NPC & Loot Editor revision (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32282)

Emmeric 10-10-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lerxst2112 (Post 203736)
You should be able to use #fixmob to change what you want. To save what you changed use #npcedit featuresave.

Ah, wonderful! Will give it a whirl. Thanks Lerxst.

On another subject of the Editor, one of the fields is attack_speed. Sounds obvious to me. However, I'm a little stumped as to the effect of the values. I use Djerv's solo server that contained a mess of settings to make the content soloable. That is fine for most areas, but LDoNs I would like to beef up and this column has me wondering about the variable.

Djerv's settings are mostly in the -9 to -17 range.

I decided to test out what appeared logical and took my wife to the Arena to spawn up some mobs. I edited the field to be 20, 200, 500 (using a new spawn each time) with no noticeable effect. I then entered -200 and -500. Again, no noticeable effect.

I'm wondering what the values limits are and to what effect: are minuses subtractions to their speed (making them slower) or subtractions to their delays (making them faster)? And my assumption of each 100 = 1 second is not correct, hmm?

:D

ChaosSlayerZ 10-10-2011 07:51 PM

no, attack speed is a very tricky thing
it works like this:

0 = atk delay 3.0 sec
-50 = is like 100% haste or 1.5 sec delay

and -25 is somewhere in between

would be nice if someone could figure out more exact formula

lerxst2112 10-10-2011 11:50 PM

It's not tricky at all. It is a simple percentage change to the delay calculation. Negative numbers lower the effective delay, and positive numbers increase it.

//No Weapon - Monk or Beastlord
int speed = (int)(GetMonkHandToHandDelay()*100.0f+attack_speed )*PermaHaste);
if(speed < 1000)
speed = 1000;

//No Weapon - Not a Monk or Beastlord
int speed = (int)(36*(100.0f+attack_speed)*PermaHaste);
if(speed < 800 && IsClient())
speed = 800;

//Using Weapon
int speed = (int)(ItemToUse->Delay*(100.0f+attack_speed)*PermaHaste);
if(speed < 1000)
speed = 1000;

ChaosSlayerZ 10-11-2011 02:36 AM

ok which of the two the number goes to:
attack_speed or permahaste?
if its attack_speed, then what is permahaste and where its coming from?

also, in #3 - i am rather surprise to see that mobs actually use weapon delay? I thought they were ignoring that?

lerxst2112 10-11-2011 04:02 AM

Let's see, the field in question is named attack_speed. You guess whether the variable it's assigned to is attack_speed or PermaHaste...

PermaHaste is calculated in the same function. You can look it up.

You're correct, mobs don't use weapon delay, but I posted the line in case there was confusion about what the 36 was in the line above in comparison to a weapon delay.

Emmeric 10-11-2011 01:29 PM

Ok, so the 0 to -50 variable works into those attack_speed calcs to lower the int speed but monks and beastlords get a 200 bonus to overall speed.

Did I wrap my mind around that correctly?

Emmeric 10-16-2011 07:07 PM

Ok, I assume that's a yes.

On another note, another field in the editor is ATK. I take it this is a field for the attack ability of the mob.

Are there parameters for this? My guess is that this is a % addition or reduction to mob accuracy. Do I have that right? Or is this an attack rating, which translates differently?

Emmeric 10-17-2011 05:29 PM

After doing a search and finding the archives, it appears that ATK and Accuracy are bonuses and would thus seem to have a range of 0-100.

Testing it out.