EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Development (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=590)
-   -   Starting work on Seeds of Destruction (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30867)

trevius 04-03-2010 10:36 PM

Only Rogean knows that answer. He mentioned he had started work on it a few days ago, but haven't seen any updates from him yet. I don't think the changes were too involved, but I also haven't seen the old LS source, so I dunno. Maybe he was waiting for KLS to finish working out her re-write of the new open source LS to use it instead of the old one.

Either way, I am hoping it will be any day now. I am excited to start seeing players pop in with the new client :D

cubber 04-05-2010 11:18 AM

the /hidecorpse all command does not work in the SoD client

trevius 04-05-2010 04:21 PM

Thanks, cubber, I will try to verify that and add it to the list of things to work on. I kinda suspected that /hidecorpse may need some work considering the numerous patch notes they have on that command since SoF.

Noport 04-06-2010 05:07 PM

it was fixed in Underfoot

AngelKnight 04-12-2010 05:03 AM

SoD - 9th spell slot?

My main on PEQ just ding'd 58 tonight, and then after xping for a bit, I noticed that my 9th spell slot opened up and was avilable for use. I do NOT have the aa for MR (as a matter of fact, I only have 2 aa's, both put into Run Speed). The slot works, and I was able to cast from it.

I don't know if this was something they added later on live with SoD specifically (didn't see it in the change log summary Trev posted), or if this is a bug server-side?

Unfortnately, this is my only casting character that is that high of level, so cannot verify with another class (my main is a mage).

trevius 04-12-2010 05:40 AM

I may be wrong, but I think memmed spell slots were upped to 10 max including the AA. I don't know if attaining it at level 58 is normal, or maybe you somehow gained the AA ability for free or something. We can look into it, though. Thanks for the report.

Also, while replying to this thread, I figured I would mention the current state of SoD development. Currently, it is as fully functional as SoF and only has a few small remaining issues to look into to make it the most bug-free EQEmu client so far. Even some of the new features to SoD have been added, which means there are nice benefits to using SoD on any server taht supports it. Being able to see the buffs, mana, and endurance of your group mates is a nice bonus IMO.

dzags 04-12-2010 06:42 AM

Trev - its working completely? As in the login server lets you in?

trevius 04-12-2010 06:46 AM

No, the Login Server is the only thing we are waiting on, but the client works great on the Open Source Login Servers, lol.

dzags 04-12-2010 12:31 PM

Ah okay, you had me excited. I'm assuming you will update SH's home page as well when it gets updated, I check there far more often then here.

AngelKnight 04-12-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevius (Post 186428)
I may be wrong, but I think memmed spell slots were upped to 10 max including the AA. I don't know if attaining it at level 58 is normal, or maybe you somehow gained the AA ability for free or something. We can look into it, though. Thanks for the report.

After logging back in today, I'm back down to 8 slots which is proper. It must have been something to do with dying, zoning to PoK, then running back to PoI. Once I zoned in to PoI while waiting for my body to arrive at the graveyard is when I noticed the 9th slot. But at any rate, I am at 8 slots as I should be. If I die again (err.... when, LOL), I'll see if the 9th slot shows up again.

Andrew80k 04-12-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevius (Post 186428)

Also, while replying to this thread, I figured I would mention the current state of SoD development. Currently, it is as fully functional as SoF and only has a few small remaining issues to look into to make it the most bug-free EQEmu client so far. Even some of the new features to SoD have been added, which means there are nice benefits to using SoD on any server taht supports it. Being able to see the buffs, mana, and endurance of your group mates is a nice bonus IMO.

Trev,

What's the status of spells in SoD? I noticed on my new set up that there is something funky going on with the spells. I'm using PEQ out of the box right now and using my Ranger (new), I had a level 45 version of Immolate and a level 255 version of it as well. And it seems only up to level 65 of scribespells is working. This could be due to rules on the server though, I guess. I haven't checked what max level is by default on PEQ these days.

Thanks.

trevius 04-12-2010 05:13 PM

Yes, Dzags, once the LS is working for SoD, I will be posting about it on multiple sites so everyone knows right away. I am excited for it to be working, and hope it happens soon :)

Andrew80k, I am pretty sure PEQ is still set to 65 by default for maxlevel and that is what is causing your spells to only scribe that high. As for the level 255 spell, that just means that the server sent you spells from it's spell table that don't match up with the SoD spell file. Cavedude mentioned that he was going to merge the SoD spell file into the PEQ spell table, but that means that all previous spells from older spell files will still stay in place and only new spells will be added. I am sure there cases where certain spells were removed or changed since Titanium, so SoD will not match the default PEQ spell table 100%.

There may be other options at some point, but currently there are only 2 options for dealing with spell file differences (well, I guess 3 technically). The first option is to use a custom spell file for your SoD client by generating it with the spell exporter tool that AndMetal made. That will export the spell table into a spell file that is compatible with all clients. Another way to do it would be to import your SoD spell file into your server, and that would make SoD spells match up, but then older clients would have inconsistencies. The last option is to just deal with it as-is and ignore the 255 spells or other inconsistencies. Really, none of them are the perfect solution, but IMO the best one is to use a custom spell file by exporting your table into a file.

Maybe at some point we will have some way to differentiate which spells get sent/used by each client. I just can't think of a simple way to do it, and even if so, it might give an unfair advantage to certain clients in certain cases.

Dinggo 04-12-2010 10:08 PM

Trev have you spoken to Rogean at all on why there is a delay on SOD being able to login under the LS? PEQ and some others had this done in a few days, wondering why its taking Rogean so long?

KLS 04-12-2010 10:14 PM

Yes he did and it was very awkward, I was there.

Dinggo 04-12-2010 10:57 PM

Thats unfortunate. I know hes having some serious issues with his own server atm, due to some idiot whiners, but its a shame the other 57 servers on the same system have to suffer from one moron attacking one server.