EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::News (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=594)
-   -   Live Compatible Beta (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18389)

fathernitwit 04-23-2005 05:47 AM

Live Compatible Beta

Hey all,

The live compatible eqemu code is currently being tested on Project EQ The Grand Creation Server. Please stop by and test it out.
#summonitem has been enabled, all old chars are avaliable, but all characters will be wiped and reverted to their state before live testing began (4/22) in about a week when testing is done.

To test, patch a copy of your EQ folder to live, and change your eqhost to point to:
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

please drop by and test and report bugs on the forums.

kawika 04-23-2005 07:27 AM

Thank you!

I want to be the first to say a BIG thank you to all of the devs and everyone who's helped on this latest release. I've been waiting and hoping a live compatible version would be available soon. Sooo...Thank you!

baseballer 04-23-2005 09:18 AM

me 2, awesome awesome awesome!!!!

baseballer 04-23-2005 09:28 AM

when i try to loginat the login screen, it gives me a username/pass word error. I typed in my username and pass exactly like the one ive been using since i've joined emu about 2yrs ago and it won't let me join..any ideas?

fathernitwit 04-23-2005 12:26 PM

server is down right now, might be a few days until it comes back.

baseballer 04-23-2005 02:28 PM

so i get the username/pass error b/c the server is down?

ActionAlligator 04-23-2005 03:22 PM

Maybe you didn't update your eqhost.txt with Emu. Anyways, FathNitWit, your server has been down for awhile! :( I'm so desperate to play! Anyways, thanks soooooooo much for making this up to date with live! THANKS A TON!

mwmdragon 04-23-2005 05:37 PM

The whole "server down" thing is a good reason to make a public login

I know, I know, I should just be glad I have what I have. But a public login would make this Emu a lot more versitile.

Not trying to stir up $hi7, just voicing my opinion.

Let the flames begin :(

RangerDown 04-23-2005 06:04 PM

The login server works just fine.

Raggnarokh 04-23-2005 11:03 PM

i played yesterday on the Beta server and was enought to say this " Great Work Guys"

baseballer 04-24-2005 12:32 AM

i dont know what the problem was. i have been using the same login for 2yrs now with no problem up until about 12 hours ago. typed it in perfectly, no caps lock was on or anything. weird to me.

ActionAlligator 04-24-2005 07:12 AM

Hey Raggnarokh!!!!!! It's the dwarf Thorebaine on PEQ's server! :D Hiya.

Raggnarokh 04-24-2005 08:44 AM

:)

Thats what i like of Eq. I always find intereting ppl

btw... could we play on the largest name server ? :P
Lol

Have fun

aragon 04-24-2005 09:29 AM

Patched today and logged in, but after select the server I get a black screen, any idea?

Bazill 04-24-2005 09:54 AM

how long after beta will you make a release so we can make our own server? having a lan party coming up soon =))

ActionAlligator 04-24-2005 10:54 AM

Aragon, I know what server you're talking about. It's Lethal's server, and his IP is set up so only he can go on it...pretty cruel of him huh :P

ActionAlligator 04-24-2005 10:58 AM

Sooooo desperate, and only FatherNitWit Test server is up, and it's locked....BTW Rag, do you have MSN or something? You seemed pretty cool, and if a server's up, and we're some of the only ones on there, i'd like to hang out with SOMEone :P

tcsmyworld 04-24-2005 04:45 PM

PEQ is back up and running :)

Raggnarokh 04-24-2005 10:30 PM

Just a very noooooooby question , what is PEQ?
(soz for being such a newbie)

Btw Thornbaine, i have sent u a private message i think, if u havent received it , send me one message and i will write another 1 .
See u and have fun

Emuman2098 04-25-2005 01:24 AM

well, you have summonitem in, is there any way to see itemsearch put in? hard to summon items without the numbers :) great server by the way :)

Doodman 04-25-2005 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazill
how long after beta will you make a release so we can make our own server? having a lan party coming up soon =))

We're trying to move to a more sane release schedule and not always be in "DR" status. Give it a little time in beta (and get people to beat on it) so we can have a nice stable release soon.

The netcode change was pretty big , and every opcode changed. We've identified a lot of them and spent some time in limitted alpha test to hammer out a lot of the remaining. There are some final netcode tuning tasks I need to finish up during the beta.

And, btw, if you see "Soandso's Test Server" up it is probably just that. Their test server. I know when I bring mine up it is for me to test on only, same with FNW and LE I assume. LE has been working on getting it to compile again on windows (FNW and myself don't use windows) and testing that out, so I assume that is why his is there.

Again, the more poeple we get testing the Beta on PEQ the faster a full release will come and the better it will be out of the gate.

aragon 04-25-2005 03:20 AM

I logged my own server in "[testing]Legit-SemiPVP", I had on list together with another that was always locked. My server was displaying as available but when I click to to play I get the famous black screen. I checked on the world.exe and I couldn't see no log that I even tryed to access the server. Im running a dedicated server and the game in another network. Everything works fine on login1.eqemulator.net port 5994 + older version of the game. But when I try the new version + eqemulator.net port 5998 nothing happen. Do I need any special configuration on the server?

HELLLP!

Doodman 04-25-2005 03:36 AM

Using live compatible client?

I see your server report 0.6.0-DR3. That is not live compatible. 5998 LS is for live comaptible clients. Use 5994 for 0.6.0-DR3.

aragon 04-25-2005 03:40 AM

DOH, that explain why! I'll try again, thanks for the quick reply!

aragon 04-25-2005 04:52 AM

Just wonder If I can download this beta version for run my server? If is possible, can anyone post a link plz?

Raggnarokh 04-25-2005 04:57 AM

u no need nothing in order to play aragon, u just need eq and change eqhost.txt file =)

have fun

Belfedia 04-25-2005 06:21 AM

this is simple !
You don't have any compiled release.
Just CVS source (you can compil it, good luck)
Devs make some tests on 1 or 2 server, and when all problems are gone
They make a new Compiled Public release :)
Just some patience :p

Doodman 04-25-2005 06:22 AM

He was saying for his server, so I assume he's not talking about just playing.

And, no, it's not released yet. Help test it on PEQ and we'll get there faster!

steelrat 04-25-2005 07:51 AM

This is great news, and congratulations are due to the Devs team.

To have achieved this much is deserving of huge congratulations to the Developement Team, You are all doing a fantastic job.

Thanks.

SR

tcsmyworld 04-25-2005 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raggnarokh
Just a very noooooooby question , what is PEQ?
(soz for being such a newbie)

PEQ is short for Project EQ, the DB project for the emulator.
When people refer to PEQ server, it is PEQ The Grand Creation server.

It is the development server for the world DB releases, usually running the newest code and most complete "Live Like" DB.

aragon 04-25-2005 11:44 AM

Did some tests on someone server and found some bugs with #zone command. I tryed to zone from freeport west to pok with #zone poknowledge, and receive an message saying I wasnt experiented enough to travel to planes... then port me inside the water and I couldnt move. Guess what? Died :) Another try to port it froze the game and I couldnt move at all. A part from the command found a bug on database, still in freeport west, with the guards assist. I trained 2 mobs and run inside the city, one guard follow my train but didnt assist...Guess again? LOL ... well at least he didnt help the mobs to kill me...

WTB 2 rezzes in freeportwest pst!!

Belfedia 04-25-2005 12:12 PM

Hum hum hum
PEQ server running in VELIOUS peq database (strange no ?) Http://www.projecteq.net
You can zone only on Classic+kunark+velious zones and not Poknowledge (Planes of power extension).

kawika 04-25-2005 05:01 PM

Quote:

You can zone only on Classic+kunark+velious zones and not Poknowledge (Planes of power extension).
Negative! The Velious database means that only the zones up to Velious are populated. You can definately zone to zones up to the latest DoN expansion, however, they will not be populated. If I'm wrong, feel free to flame this post...but for once I think I'm on the right track. :D

RangerDown 04-25-2005 05:13 PM

You're right and wrong. It's within your power to modify the entries in the zone table so you can zone there. But the database ships with these zones restricted by default.

Belfedia 04-25-2005 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawika
Negative! The Velious database means that only the zones up to Velious are populated. You can definately zone to zones up to the latest DoN expansion, however, they will not be populated. If I'm wrong, feel free to flame this post...but for once I think I'm on the right track. :D

I'm not wrong, if you aren't in PEQ staff, you can't zone in (Because need admin priv). In my serveur, i can zone where i want, not in PEQ server. Sorry but i didn't think i need to explain all details...

Raggnarokh 04-26-2005 01:28 AM

i got another bug, nothing seriuos , i was killing at the orc camp at Wc, and some apprendice casted Blind on me ,so i got a black screen, then died because the massive aggro i got ... well i resurected at my guild but i was still being blinded by that spell , u may thing that the game got frozen but I pressed "1" and the combat music started...
And they are right , guards dont assist they just go and follow a mob ( dunno why)
Well ill try to do my Beta Testing better :)

See u later guys

Have fun

Ps= Soz for my bad english :(

CorvusCorvanes 04-26-2005 05:55 AM

bug

Just last night while me and my friends were logged in. We experienced an auto attack bug. At first we couldnt attack or anything, but if we used a ranged attack it would fix the whole problem. Just thought id let you guys know.

EDIT:
Also just found out highkeep is bugged as well

stragee 04-26-2005 06:36 AM

A few bugs

I guess these bugs I have listed may not be applicable but I figured I'd list them anyway to try and help.

1. First necro pet ever cast was summoned without a bone chip.

2. Pets do no show walking animation.

3. Pets do not die upon logging out.

4. Poison spells randomly last longer then they should on my toon.

5. Poison does not drop off after dying and spawning at bind point.

6. Dying does not necessarily mean one will spawn at bind point.

7. 10%+ of the mobs on a map are concidered out of range for attack.
(server side lag issue I would suspect)

8. Fear is not working at all as I'm sure everyone is well aware of.

9. Ranged weapons are not functioning.

10. West commons zone has been down most of the day.

I think thats it so far. I will continue to test and see what else I can find and edit this post if/when I find more.

Thatguyfoo 04-26-2005 08:00 AM

im gettting a user//pass error when i try to log in. dont think my eqhost text is correct tho i copied from the site numerous times. can someone post their eqhost text that has gotten in would help much, thanks.

Raggnarokh 04-27-2005 01:45 AM

yesterday i had a extrange error.

I was on Kurn`s Tower and suddenly i could attack or cast any spell,but mobs didnt hit me , they just started to run after me , i had to log cause i couldnt even open a door...

another problem, i zoned to Wc from Ec and my char goes intro a endless loop
i got myself in Wc with a "loading zone " screen and a messed chat screen with letters all over the chat windows ( kind of creepy) . if u use any kind of register
name is Thaall

Have a nice day :)