EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::Windows Servers (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=587)
-   -   Zone Line Changing (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37399)

Silentrath 10-18-2013 05:55 PM

Zone Line Changing

How do I change the zone lines for my server?

I looked at the zone_point table but I logged into my server and teleported to that loc and it doesn't fire a LOADING screen.

How can I get a list of the zone lines for my server? I would like to change them around.

Thank you!

Silentrath 10-19-2013 11:06 PM

Anyone with some insight into this?

Vexyl 10-19-2013 11:51 PM

Are you expecting to instantly zone after teleporting to the exact coordinates? What happens when you approach the coordinates instead of teleporting to them?

Township EQ 10-20-2013 12:31 AM

Since I've been doing a ton of this.. just a quick heads up.. zone lines that are really long like for exampe qeynos to qeynos hills where it will zone you in based on the location you zoned from qeynos are not editable via the zone points table. I believe they are part of the actual zone in the actual zone file, but i'm not sure why, just a theory.

I've been creating npcs on a proximity script that zone you.

Silentrath 10-20-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexyl (Post 225073)
Are you expecting to instantly zone after teleporting to the exact coordinates? What happens when you approach the coordinates instead of teleporting to them?

Yes I expect to zone once I teleport to those coords, cause in the zone_point table its like X:9999999 Y:250(just a number) then Z: 4( or something).

That doesn't trigger a zone load, and then walking there manually is impossible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Township EQ (Post 225074)
Since I've been doing a ton of this.. just a quick heads up.. zone lines that are really long like for exampe qeynos to qeynos hills where it will zone you in based on the location you zoned from qeynos are not editable via the zone points table. I believe they are part of the actual zone in the actual zone file, but i'm not sure why, just a theory.

I've been creating npcs on a proximity script that zone you.

Is there a way to extract all the zone line coords from the zone files? I thought the zone lines would be controlled via the zone_points table.

How do you do the proximity? Do you have coords and then a proximity?

Township EQ 10-20-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silentrath (Post 225090)
Yes I expect to zone once I teleport to those coords, cause in the zone_point table its like X:9999999 Y:250(just a number) then Z: 4( or something).

That doesn't trigger a zone load, and then walking there manually is impossible.

Is there a way to extract all the zone line coords from the zone files? I thought the zone lines would be controlled via the zone_points table.

How do you do the proximity? Do you have coords and then a proximity?

Zone lines are controlled via the zone points tables but not the zone lines that fit the description of what I posted. Here is my simple script for a zoneline via invisible npc.. it has a name of "_" and is race 240 with bodytype 11 so it is pretty hard to find even with MQ maps.

This is my custom zoneline for West Commonlands to East Karana.

Code:

sub EVENT_SPAWN        {

my $one = $x - 1000;
                my $two = $x + 10;
                my $thr = $y - 3000;
                my $fou = $y + 3000;
                my $fiv = $z - 100;
                my $six = $z + 100;
                quest::set_proximity($one,$two,$thr,$fou,$fiv,$six);
                quest::settimer("Spawn",1);
        }

sub EVENT_ENTER {
  {
              $client->Message(0,"You spot a bridge over the horizon.");
              quest::movepc(15,862,15,-33,193)
  }
}

I also have a customized zoneline for the old Plane of Fear tunnel that goes into mistmoore.. the proximities on this guy are way smaller because its not all the way across a zone, just in the little space of those tunnels:

Code:

sub EVENT_SPAWN        {

my $one = $x - 30;
                my $two = $x + 30;
                my $thr = $y - 30;
                my $fou = $y + 30;
                my $fiv = $z - 30;
                my $six = $z + 30;
        quest::set_proximity($one,$two,$thr,$fou,$fiv,$six);
                quest::settimer("Spawn",1);
        }

sub EVENT_ENTER {
  {
    quest::zone(mistmoore);
  }
}

NatedogEZ 10-20-2013 04:02 PM

Just a suggestion .. you can also name the invisible NPCs like "Qeynos_Zoneline" or whatever zoneline it is near to help from having confusing file names.

Then inside the event spawn just make the NPC hide its name like so..

Code:

$npc->TempName("");

Township EQ 10-20-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NatedogEZ (Post 225105)
Just a suggestion .. you can also name the invisible NPCs like "Qeynos_Zoneline" or whatever zoneline it is near to help from having confusing file names.

Then inside the event spawn just make the NPC hide its name like so..

Code:

$npc->TempName("");

Didn't think about doing that, thanks for the suggestion!

sorvani 10-20-2013 09:54 PM

Also MySEQ shows them just fine. That is what I use for zone building.

Silentrath 10-21-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorvani (Post 225127)
Also MySEQ shows them just fine. That is what I use for zone building.

Where can I download this?

Township EQ 10-21-2013 11:57 AM

Pretty sure it's the same thing as running MQ2 and looking at your map.. Doubt anyone will give it to you here as it's against forum rules but myself and a lot of other developers use it while developing zones. I'm sure a quick google search will get it for you pretty easily.

Silentrath 10-21-2013 12:13 PM

I got MySEQ, just not sure how to see the actual zone line coords in the app.

sorvani 10-21-2013 10:54 PM

not the zone lines. I was talking about his hidden NPC's. I use it for seeing where things are and distances to said hidden NPC (useful when making an area trigger).
Nothing shows zone points.

Edit: And it is nothing like looking at your map in game.

Silentrath 10-21-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorvani (Post 225169)
not the zone lines. I was talking about his hidden NPC's. I use it for seeing where things are and distances to said hidden NPC (useful when making an area trigger).
Nothing shows zone points.

Edit: And it is nothing like looking at your map in game.

Ahh! I thought I saw somewhere an old post there is a way to find out the zone points that cause loading screen. Help with this would be awesome.