EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Quests::Custom (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=671)
-   -   Clarification on Perl loop (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39841)

Asylum 07-09-2015 05:23 PM

Clarification on Perl loop

Code:

sub EVENT_ITEM {
        if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount,8161=>1)) {
                quest::say("You have won! Take this as a reward. Defeat the Skeletal Lord within an hour for one of five random item rewards.");
                quest::summonitem(7967); #2h reward
        }
        if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount,8162=>3)) {
                quest::say("You have defeated the Skeletal Lord! Take this as a reward. Defeat the Skeletal Lord within half an hour for a powerful permanent version of the Soul-Caged Rapier.");
                for (1..2) {
                        my $reward = quest::ChooseRandom(68752,68754,68756,68758,68768); #1h reward list
                        redo if (plugin::check_hasitem($client, $reward)); #check ownership of chosen lore reward
                        quest::summonitem($reward);
                        last;
                }
        }
        if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount,8163=>3)) {
                quest::say("You are quite efficient at defeating the Lord of Undeath. Take this as a reward.");
                quest::summonitem(8164); #30m reward
        }
        else {
                plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
        }
}

The code works fine in checking if the client turning in the 3 gems has the randomly selected reward and chooses another... until you have all 5 and attempt the turnin, which causes everything to pause. I guess I'm using the last; command incorrectly? or is it the for (1..2) ?

Asylum 07-09-2015 05:26 PM

I understand the logic of it making an infinite loop if you have all 5 items, but how do I use the last; command to prevent this?

Asylum 07-09-2015 05:37 PM

Code:

sub EVENT_ITEM {
        if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount,8161=>1)) {
                quest::say("You have won! Take this as a reward. Defeat the Skeletal Lord within an hour for one of five random item rewards.");
                quest::summonitem(7967); #2h reward
        }
        if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount,8162=>3)) {
                if (plugin::check_hasitem($client, 68752) && plugin::check_hasitem($client, 68752) && plugin::check_hasitem($client, 68752) && plugin::check_hasitem($client, 68752) && plugin::check_hasitem($client, 68752)) { #check ownership of all 5 rewards
                        quest::say("You possess all 5 possible rewards for the 1-hour event.");
                }
                else {
                        quest::say("You have defeated the Skeletal Lord! Take this as a reward. Defeat the Skeletal Lord within half an hour for a powerful permanent version of the Soul-Caged Rapier.");
                        for (1..2) {
                                my $reward = quest::ChooseRandom(68752,68754,68756,68758,68768); #1h reward list
                                redo if (plugin::check_hasitem($client, $reward)); #check ownership of chosen lore reward
                                quest::summonitem($reward);
                                last;
                        }
                }
        }
        if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount,8163=>3)) {
                quest::say("You are quite efficient at defeating the Lord of Undeath. Take this as a reward.");
                quest::summonitem(8164); #30m reward
        }
        else {
                plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
        }
}

This is the solution I've come up with, putting a pre-loop check for possession of all 5 possible rewards, but perhaps someone more experienced in Perl can construct something more efficient and/or concise.

Kingly_Krab 07-09-2015 06:05 PM

Your check is the same item 5 times:
Code:

if (plugin::check_hasitem($client, 68752) && plugin::check_hasitem($client, 68752) && plugin::check_hasitem($client, 68752) && plugin::check_hasitem($client, 68752) && plugin::check_hasitem($client, 68752))
EDIT: Check your inbox for my revised version.