EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Quests::Q&A (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=599)
-   -   World Emotes and Animations (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28098)

neiv2 04-30-2009 05:22 PM

Can someone confirm this actually works?

quest::we(colorid, "Text") - Server wide emote.

I have not been able to get this to work on my server. Thanks.

trevius 04-30-2009 05:59 PM

Try this example:

Code:

quest::we(15, "Testing!");
And you should see a yellow emote to the world. The 15 is a color. Just try different numbers for different colors.

neiv2 04-30-2009 07:58 PM

My text is a bit longer, but otherwise identical:

Code:

quest::we(15, "You sense the ring has been found. It is now in the vicinity of $zoneln.");
Every other quest function in that block of script works fine. But this does not.

Justsomeguy 05-01-2009 12:25 AM

it did work. maybe due to language being implemented with some things such as this not being updated.

nosfentora 05-01-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neiv2 (Post 168757)
My text is a bit longer, but otherwise identical:

Code:

quest::we(15, "You sense the ring has been found. It is now in the vicinity of $zoneln.");
Every other quest function in that block of script works fine. But this does not.

Did you get output:

You sense the ring has been found. It is now in the vicinity of $zoneln.?

at a quick glance, i think you need to have it
Code:

quest::we(15, "You sense the ring has been found. It is now in the vicinity of ".$zoneln.".");
the little i remember of quest scripting, the variables $zoneln need to be outside the text, and the '.' is the concatenator operator.

pls correct if i'm wrong.

joligario 05-01-2009 05:52 PM

Variables work inside quotes.

nosfentora 05-01-2009 11:05 PM

I stand corrected.
Thanks joligario.

neiv2 05-02-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosfentora (Post 168881)
I stand corrected.
Thanks joligario.

Yeah, I think I can confirm quest::we(colorid, "text"); does not work--at least not on my server.

Zeice 05-02-2009 09:55 PM

I know this is sort of getting away from the topic of this post, but how are you calling the emote?

When I run it with a simple say event it works fine. I get the yellow text immediately. Granted I haven't tried it with anything else, but just curious as to how you are calling it.

Code:

sub EVENT_SAY {

if($text =~ /Hail/i) {   

}}

neiv2 05-03-2009 04:40 PM

I have tried it with both a simple EVENT_SAY and an EVENT_ENTERZONE. Each one contains other quest functions that are at the same level as the emote. They all work fine, just not the emote.

neiv2 05-03-2009 07:09 PM

I experimented a bit with this, and it appears that the functions in the event work only up to the quest::we() function. Then functionality stops. E.g., in the following, the "say" function works (the "we" function does not):

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/hail/i)
{
quest::say("Hi there");
}
}

But in the following example, neither one works (i.e., the "we" function prevents the rest of it from working):

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/hail/i)
{
}
}

trevius 05-03-2009 07:34 PM

The new World and Zone emote quest commands were added quite a while ago and work fine. Which version of the server code are you running currently?

drakelord 05-03-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neiv2 (Post 169001)
I experimented a bit with this, and it appears that the functions in the event work only up to the quest::we() function. Then functionality stops. E.g., in the following, the "say" function works (the "we" function does not):

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/hail/i)
{
}
}

But in the following example, neither one works (i.e., the "we" function prevents the rest of it from working):

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/hail/i)
{
}
}

Just tested these on my server and they worked fine, :/

neiv2 05-03-2009 08:33 PM

Does Eqemu23 sound right?

trevius 05-03-2009 08:50 PM

LOL no, it would be something like EQEmu 0.7.0.1129 Revision 559 for the current version.