EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   unique server idea (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34087)

liquest 08-31-2011 10:00 PM

unique server idea

Have anyone tried making a Diety based server? would be neat and stuff just saying. :)

Davood 08-31-2011 10:47 PM

That actually sounds like a good idea;

Deity, faction, race, class don't come into play as much with the interaction of the world beyond velious.....

What would be cool is to make a "classic"ish server that goes up to velious (after velious is when SOE took over verant and broke the vision). And incorporate more in depths realization of faction alignments / deity alignments etc ALA velious 3 way split (dragon/dwarf/giant)... wouldn't it be cool to make friends with nagafen or vox... or have a whole quest line from the denizens of sebilis.

and of course, you will need my custom spambots that I have created, in order to properly enjoy the experience of dungeon crawling and hanging out in EC.....

kylekurth 09-01-2011 06:48 AM

There is currently a server in the works that will be classic up to Velious. It is in the test phase but should be completely up come November/December. It is The Sleeper server. :)

ChaosSlayerZ 09-02-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquest (Post 202678)
Have anyone tried making a Diety based server? would be neat and stuff just saying. :)

I am working on something similar, where your deity choice will heavily impact your class play style (for example necro worshiping bertox will be very different from a necro worshiping cazic, in many aspects).
Thought I am FAR from done, as I am practically re-doing entire game from scratch and there is a tremendous amount of work that needs to be done... Maybe next year it will see the light ;)

ChaosSlayerZ 09-02-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davood (Post 202680)
What would be cool is to make a "classic"ish server that goes up to velious (after velious is when SOE took over verant and broke the vision). .

Just for the record - the original Verant team, even thought renamed as SOE, was controlling The Vision as far as PoP, before majority of its members left to do other projects ;)

liquest 09-02-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ (Post 202718)
I am working on something similar, where your deity choice will heavily impact your class play style (for example necro worshiping bertox will be very different from a necro worshiping cazic, in many aspects).
Thought I am FAR from done, as I am practically re-doing entire game from scratch and there is a tremendous amount of work that needs to be done... Maybe next year it will see the light ;)

You got me there. Im down to try it out or maybe help if needed. Sounds fun

Mexenlives 09-21-2011 06:28 PM

I've been thinking about this abit too. With bots and such, a server aimed at class, race, and deity would be alot of fun. Different quest rewards for each combo and such. Would put quite unique to most servers thus far. Lots of work as well.

ChaosSlayerZ 09-21-2011 07:28 PM

more than just quests - but also items and spells ;)