EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::Windows Servers (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=587)
-   -   If you are getting a 1017 with a minilogin server - Try this (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4223)

Baron Sprite 12-07-2002 09:27 AM

If you are getting a 1017 with a minilogin server - Try this

If you are getting a 1017 error message when attempting to join your minilogin server, please make sure you have added the eqemu account.
This can be done by opening up a command prompt, (cmd in run), going to your eqemu directory(example: cd C:\eqemu), and typing:

world adduser eqemu eqemu 200

At this point you can try to connect again.

If that is not working (it starts world.exe) and you do not want to know how to get it to work... open up mysql.exe in your mysql\bin folder, and type:

use eq(or your db name);
INSERT INTO account SET name='eqemu', password='eqemu', status=200;

Good Luck!

EQEmuUser 12-08-2002 03:21 AM

Why not do it right

Why have this as a separate sticky thread. The sticky thread below this one should be updated so that it is correct.

Crywen 12-09-2002 06:21 AM

Got an error when did this

I got an error when I wrote this command it said:
*Failed to connect to database: Error: Access denied for user: 'test@localhost' (using password: YES)
Error in GetVariable query 'SELECT value FROM variables WHERE varname like 'disablecommandline' ' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
Account Attempting to be created:eqemu eqemu 200
Error in CreateAccount query 'INSERT INTO account SET name='eqemu*, password='eqemu', status 200,lsaccount_id=0;' #2006: MySQL server has gone away dadabase.CreateAccount failed.

Can this have to do with that MySQL had an error so I couldnt create a data base... Cuz when I rightclicked at the database I could just choose 4 options and all four of them was a Flush command... Can I do something to correct this error without reinstall or download a new program? Only got a 28.8k modem... :cry:

Baron Sprite 12-09-2002 07:12 AM

You need to go into mysql prompt and type
create database eq;
then follow the rest of the readme from that point.

Dwarf 12-09-2002 01:41 PM

:?: :( i have a funtioning eq databaces :) using mysql and stuff but i still dont work for me to i posted all the info for you to look over in the form here...

:arrow: http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.ph...1&start=15

pleas help me

forget this i have it working now :)

Crywen 12-11-2002 12:37 AM

Did as you said, still doesnt work...

Did as you said Baron Sprite but I still get same message, plus I saw that now that I get "...Access Denied test@localhost ..."
Anything you can help me with?

Thanks for trying to help me! :)

Trumpcard 12-11-2002 01:39 AM

We're going to have to just put a grant sql statement in the default database.

Crywen, did you run the GRANT part of the readme? Thats why you're getting a permission denied, the database isnt letting you in. Verify you ran that...

If all else fails, do a search on 'Grant all privileges' on the boards. there are about 100 threads with answers.

Crywen 12-12-2002 01:02 AM

Almost there!

I managed to fix it but my server is still locked.. But I can log in to it and I can create a character BUT I cant enter the world, it says that it is unavialable. I have downloaded the FixZone.zip but it doesnt work anyway. Same problem... :(

Dwarf 12-12-2002 02:01 PM

OK i got it i only have part of it but if it helps its better then nothing

here is my bad job of a guide but its not ment to be a guide its just suposta help with peoples 1017 errors

here is part 1
(umm... i acadently dleated part one so its going to just have to be 2 for now)

here is part 2

Crywen 12-13-2002 06:47 AM

I think I found my real problem, please help!

I think the problem is that my zone.exe just shuts down and doesn't enter sleepmode.
What is the problem...
I run Win 98 if that tells you anything more then I have told before...

Nucklez 12-31-2002 09:19 AM

Copy a new spells_en.txt from your Everquest directory to the EQemu directory.

Nucklez 01-02-2003 01:57 AM

When I got the the 1017 error in Windows XP I tried all of these solutions to no avail. I started tinkering around and found something else that can cause the 1017 error. If you have the Internet Connection Sharing enabled it will also cause this error. I had it enabled for my modem, and that computer was the only one that couldn't connect in my LAN. When I disabled the ICS (or whatever it is called in XP) it started up fine. Maybe there is another setting somewhere to change to you can run ICS and EQ at the same time, but I haven't looked into that yet.

DeletedUser 01-04-2003 02:43 PM

Error: LoginServer::Connect: 'TCPConnection::Connect(): connect() failed. Error: 10061'

Baron Sprite 01-04-2003 03:23 PM

That's a problem with your loginserver.ini

lunatic987 01-07-2003 01:58 PM

I got the eqemu account to actually login.

I had to go into the console mysql.exe and type the following, since the world adduser no longer works at this time.
use eq

then

INSERT INTO account SET name='eqemu', password='eqemu', status 200,lsaccount_id=0;

Now I can get in, but no items, npc's, or anything.... But the doors work!!! lol.

(minilogin)