EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Quests::Q&A (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=599)
-   -   PoTimeB Issue - Multiple scripts running (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26801)

Irreverent 11-18-2008 02:02 PM

PoTimeB Issue - Multiple scripts running

I recently got the most recent quests from CVS, having several issues:

-Portals to different areas not always working
-BUT WORST is that it looks like phase 3 and anything after has multiple scripts running. You can see multiple mobs being spawned on top of each other once the first names pop in the phase. Then from there, its a cascading effect.

Any help/thoughts on this?

joligario 11-18-2008 02:28 PM

EQEmu has a CVS for quests?

cavedude 11-18-2008 02:45 PM

I can't reproduce that at all. The only thing I can think of, did you update the DB as well? A few of the phases use spawn_conditions now, and that requires DB support. An outdated DB may also break doors as I am pretty sure I moved their function to Perl at one point. If both the DB and Perl try to use the door at the same time, it will fail to work.

joligario: Well, it's PEQ's but yep we've always had one. http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23536

Irreverent 11-18-2008 04:07 PM

Yes, I had major issues going to version 166, so reloaded all but the player tables from the CVS/PEQ version.

Darnit, its kicking my butt! If you could log in, I'll show you what is going on...maybe you can help me figure it out.

Irreverent 11-18-2008 04:15 PM

I do have the entries in spawn_conditions

The issue with the tporter sundials (and sometimes the tporter after phase 3) only go up/down and not actually port.

(also noticed potimea they go up/down now...but do tport)

Irreverent 11-18-2008 04:16 PM

Another thought...is that potimeb is not a static zone. What if someone crashes inbetween...does that screw with the flags?

Irreverent 11-19-2008 08:02 AM

Ok, did some testing with my players lastnight.

It appears that anytime someone zones in (either summon, zone in, or rez) it spawns a duplicate wave in phase 3. This is where it all starts and has problems. Phase 4/5 were just duplicate due to phase 3 triggers spawning each of them.

So, phase 3 is the cuplrit and it doesn't matter which wave its in.

Help anymore Cavedude? I really appreciate it!

cavedude 11-19-2008 12:40 PM

Edit: No wait, that's impossible, it can't be the save point system. The phase 3 script can only be spawned once, by main after it receives the phase 2 complete signal. A new player entering the zone can have no effect on it. I'll play around of course, how are you calling the quests? You're not manually spawning them, right? Also, your quest folder is clean, with no mismatching?

As for crashes... For a zone crash, it'll remember what phase it was on and start that one over again. For a client crash it doesn't matter, nothing will stop the player from re-entering the zone.

The doors in potimea I'll look into, if I remember I too had a problem with them. I don't remember if I fixed them or not.

Irreverent 11-19-2008 04:33 PM

Dude, I'm all about helping.

It doesn't appear to happen on phase one...but on phase 3(will check 2) if anyone dies, and they come back...there is double spawn...

I did notice, that the flags were on a per-character basis...so maybe each flag was indpendant? (not sure what player.pl does)

I can

cavedude 11-19-2008 04:38 PM

Does the zone close when the double spawns appear? If so, then I bet that's the problem.

Irreverent 11-19-2008 04:40 PM

No, you just can see them "stacked" upon each other (when they do their animations you can see doubles+)

If you are avail to jump on my server, I'll show you the goods.

Irreverent 11-19-2008 04:48 PM

Might of misunderstood....it doesn't boot you to pok, but I don't know if anyone tried to enter via timeA....

this happens with rez's to summoning of players into the zone...will test the lockout

cavedude 11-19-2008 04:58 PM

Alright, I'm on the server using Deiffin.

cavedude 11-19-2008 10:54 PM

I just committed a new player.pl which looks like it corrects the problem. I also noticed the flavor text was no longer appearing, and yeah I did find one door that wasn't opening. I'll hopefully get those fixed up by tomorrow. Thank you very much!

Zeice 11-20-2008 12:37 AM

Yeah when I was messing around with this script the same thing was happening me. The thing was I was invulnernable and just using #damage to get through the scripts to see if they were working. In phase 3 the waves would seem almost endless and there would be 10+ rocks bosses at the end once I cleared the initial waves. (took forever)

Then phase 4 works fine, just the single bosses. After that in phase 5 as soon as I cleared one army all the bosses become targetable at once...the other 3 armies disappear and then there is 5+ version of each boss. I've tried it several times many different ways but the results are always the same.