EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::General Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=586)
-   -   /changename issue (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29520)

liquest 09-11-2009 07:50 PM

/changename issue

okay well i was playing on the Gods at war sever and i noticed i spelled my name wrong so i did /changename tavish......and a get a red chat message saying "Your account has been Reported for hacking"......is that supposed to happen?? lol i dont wanna get banned off a server

Rogean 09-11-2009 07:58 PM

Stop hacking the server GOD

liquest 09-11-2009 08:02 PM

haha i try not to but it just gets the best of me but seriously is this a known issue or am i just unique?

Secrets 09-12-2009 04:28 AM

You won't get that message unless you are using MQ2.

:)

It's also a hack, and I hope to god that admin bans you.

liquest 09-12-2009 11:36 AM

what? why do you hope he bans me? and i dont use MQ2 at all cuz im to stupid to compile my own. lol but yeah im hoping you joking around secrets cuz im allready banned on EZ and i dont wanna be banned on another lol

cavedude 09-12-2009 01:19 PM

You don't HAVE to be using MQ2 to get that message, but yes you have to be doing something wrong in order to get it. You might want to stop whatever it is you're doing :P

ChaosSlayerZ 09-12-2009 03:38 PM

isn't /changename a GM only command?
So if a player without Gm tag tries to use it gets reported as a hack attempt?

Secrets 09-12-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ (Post 178391)
isn't /changename a GM only command?
So if a player without Gm tag tries to use it gets reported as a hack attempt?

It is a GM only command, and the only way to get that status as a non-GM is either: Admin has default status level set to 20, or you are running MQ2. Either will enable that command.

liquest 09-12-2009 04:30 PM

so all of you at this moment are convinced im a hacker? lol but i dont know how it happened should i go on another server and see if i get same message?

ChaosSlayerZ 09-12-2009 04:47 PM

/changename is a GM only command.
If server you playing is non legit and allows players Gm commands - then you fine.

If its not - then ANYONE trying to type in ANY gm command automatically gets reported as hacker. This is build into EMU software

cavedude 09-12-2009 05:11 PM

It doesn't matter if it's GM command or not. If you receive the message "Your account has been Reported for hacking" that means the client's internal check was somehow bypassed and the server caught it. You won't get that message if you simply type the command in, it'll tell you that your status isn't high enough.

lamarch 09-12-2009 05:12 PM

Just for the record with the latest build using the SOF client and not using MQ2 "changename newname" You will get the msg the OP described, Just test it out.....

liquest 09-12-2009 05:13 PM

yeah i wasnt playing on a non legit sever it was a custom legit with no commands, but since it said i was reported will the owner find out or any of the GM's

cavedude 09-12-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamarch (Post 178398)
Just for the record with the latest build using the SOF client and not using MQ2 "changename newname" You will get the msg the OP described, Just test it out.....

There is a problem with GM toons and SoF that Rogean and I just discovered so I wouldn't discount this.

leslamarch 09-12-2009 05:19 PM

sorry guys my brother was logged in and I posted the above under his account... lamarch = leslamarch's brother :)
Quote:

yeah i wasnt playing on a non legit sever it was a custom legit with no commands, but since it said i was reported will the owner find out or any of the GM's
yes this will end up in the hacker table it will say in the hacked column /name