EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::General Support (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=598)
-   -   Ubuntu Install Help ? (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43427)

bryan4268 10-21-2021 01:14 PM

Ubuntu Install Help ?

I am very tech savvy but I am struggling real hard, is there an updated guide to get this installed, when I install on my ubuntu server and go to start the server I get the following output

sh: 1: ./zone: not found
sh: 1: ./queryserv: not found
sh: 1: ./ucs: not found
sh: 1: ./world: not found

i found a post (not even a guide) saying to run the make command in the source folder and I am trying that now but i have been struggling with this for two days now and I am asking for help, i am running ubuntu server 20.04. my next step will be to install ubuntu 18.xx LTS and give it a go from there.

bryan4268 10-21-2021 01:18 PM

going to try to install linux 18.xx lts now while compiling i got this

[ 69%] Building CXX object zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/client_mods.cpp.o
[ 69%] Building CXX object zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/client_packet.cpp.o
[ 69%] Building CXX object zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/client_process.cpp.o
[ 69%] Building CXX object zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/command.cpp.o
c++: fatal error: Killed signal terminated program cc1plus
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/build.make:297: zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/command.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:923: zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:130: all] Error 2

joligario 10-21-2021 02:54 PM

Compiled fine on 21.10 a couple days ago. Can’t speak to the Perl issues others mentioned recently.

bryan4268 10-21-2021 03:28 PM

I think it is a Perl issue, I installed ubuntu 18.4 and even though its not finished yet I have made it way further along without having to do anything. i will keep my finger's crossed before it would basically say it was complete with a ton of files missing after about 20 minutes , right now I am 40 minutes into the install hoping it finishes soon.

I have seen the issue posted a few places but no one metions the version of O/S they are running , if it turns out to work ill post a reply once i am able to get logged in.

bryan4268 10-21-2021 05:52 PM

Resolved

So it is either one of two issues, i have a small amount of ram on my virtual server so i added 2gb of swap space, but what I think the actual issue was i was installing LAMP prior to installing this which changed and tweaked a few dependencies, you should not install apache through the lamp with tasksel install everything individually after you install the server, I have ran into other issues and think i am going to make a full guide after this giving my experience i was able to get it to install on 18.04 and 21.04 and I think if I jumped straight into the install on any other version that I would not have issues.

the issue i am running into now is i can get to the char screen (even though it says server locked) but i get a zone error when trying to load in.

Shin Noir 10-21-2021 06:19 PM

- small amount of ram = can't compile
- You could build your binaries off the server and copy them over after. I recommend doing so on the same machine as your VM, e.g. make a docker image with ubuntu 20 build the binaries.

bryan4268 10-21-2021 07:49 PM

I am using a vps server, I am not having issues after running the swap space. so long as I use a CLI (ssh) and no gui I am not having any issues getting it installed. i think the real issue i was having was that i was installing LAMP before hand and it was installing an unsupported version of MySql instead of letting the installer put it where it wants to put , i am reading through the advance install guide now