EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Feature Requests (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=612)
-   -   Max Players per IP (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28249)

KingMort 05-17-2009 08:35 PM

Max Players per IP

I hope I am not asking for something that is already working

Need to be able to limit the amount of accounts that can log in per IP..

Like if it's set at 2 then only 2 accounts can log on from that IP...

King

VallonTallonZek 05-17-2009 08:38 PM

Code:

ruleset_id; rule_name; rule_value
2, 'World:MaxClientsPerIP', '2'

thats what the rule looks like in our DB, not sure if its stock emu or not.

drakelord 05-17-2009 08:39 PM

See under rule_values:

World:AddMaxClientsPerIP
World:AddMaxClientsStatus

EDIT: Vallon beat me to it, :D

VallonTallonZek 05-17-2009 09:03 PM

PvP players beat people at a lot of things, its called nature.

KingMort 05-17-2009 09:32 PM

Weird my rule is called World:AddMaxClientsPerIP

Is that wrong??

PS:

I still say you PVP Players would get their ass handed to them at my Raid Content :)

Pussies need not apply

ZOMG I stole your line sorry !!!

Thanks for the reply however :)

Secrets 05-17-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingMort (Post 169966)
Weird my rule is called World:AddMaxClientsPerIP

Is that wrong??

PS:

I still say you PVP Players would get their ass handed to them at my Raid Content :)

Pussies need not apply

ZOMG I stole your line sorry !!!

Thanks for the reply however :)

AddMaxClientsPerIP is that.

trevius 05-17-2009 10:32 PM

There are multiple rules for more flexibility.

Quote:

World:MaxClientsPerIP - Maximum number of clients allowed to connect per IP address if account status is < AddMaxClientsStatus. Default value: -1 (feature disabled)
World:ExemptMaxClientsStatus - Exempt accounts from the MaxClientsPerIP and AddMaxClientsStatus rules:if their status is >= this value. Default value: -1 (feature disabled)
World:AddMaxClientsPerIP - Maximum number of clients allowed to connect per IP address if account status is < ExemptMaxClientsStatus. Default value: -1 (feature disabled)
World:AddMaxClientsStatus - Accounts with status >= this rule will be allowed to use the amount of accounts defined in the AddMaxClientsPerIP. Default value: -1 (feature disabled)
World:AccountSessionLimit - Max number of characters allowed on at once from a single account (-1 is disabled)
World:ExemptAccountLimitStatus - Min status required to be exempt from multi-session per account limiting (-1 is disabled)
Basically, AddMaxClientsPerIP is for if you want to increase the max clients that some of your accounts have, but still not give them unlimited access. So, you can set MaxClientsPerIP to 2 and then AddMaxClientsPerIP to 4 and normal accounts would only be able to connect with 2 from a single IP, but any accounts with status higher than what AddMaxClientsStatus is set to will be able to use 4 at once.

I use this for my contributors and it works nice. Basically, normal players can play 3 per household, but if people contribute 20$, I will flag 4 of their accounts as status 2, which bumps them up to being able to have 4 per IP.

VallonTallonZek 05-17-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingMort (Post 169966)
PS:

I dont know, our custom GM event mobs are pretty tough. We have one that reflects 80% of all damage done to him to a single target on his agro list that changes every 10 seconds (or whenever the original target dies). Here is the wiki on it if you wanna take a look: Here

However our toughest encounters by far are those created by our players themselves in the form of the PvP element.

KingMort 05-18-2009 01:33 AM

Quote:

Basically, AddMaxClientsPerIP is for if you want to increase the max clients that some of your accounts have, but still not give them unlimited access. So, you can set MaxClientsPerIP to 2 and then AddMaxClientsPerIP to 4 and normal accounts would only be able to connect with 2 from a single IP, but any accounts with status higher than what AddMaxClientsStatus is set to will be able to use 4 at once.

I use this for my contributors and it works nice. Basically, normal players can play 3 per household, but if people contribute 20$, I will flag 4 of their accounts as status 2, which bumps them up to being able to have 4 per IP.
Ok say I want everyone, Contributor or not to have a limit of 5 Toons max per IP

How would I set up my rules

KingMort 05-18-2009 11:51 AM

Ignore that last post...

I re-read what you said totally understandable.... I think I had one too many to drink hehe :)

Thanks for the help you guys once again

King

Dryamzord01 07-08-2018 01:33 AM

help pleaseĦĦĦĦ

Hello friends, can you tell me how to increase the number of clients? Because I have my server ready but on the page it puts Max Player: 1 and only one account can connect. How did the number increase?

Uleat 07-08-2018 05:24 PM

If you're referring to the max player on this page: http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?...nfo&worldid=55

..then, you just need to have more people log onto your server at one time.

That is not a 'limit' .. but, rather a record of the most players ever logged in at the same time.

Nice thread necro, btw! :D