View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathernitwit
its a nice idea Arex, but the fact is... nobody ever helps. I havent seen a single line of SQL posted reguarding fixing the PEQ database since I have been here (by non-PEQ quest team), with the exception of global, non-PEQ specific things like zone lines/doors. I would love for this to change, but I dont think its going to.
You know, I'd love to help out - I tried playing on your PEQ server, but when I realized drops and loot tables, were missing, and spells become less and less available as you go up in levels, I stopped and went over to my server where I can look at the loot tables and spawns and what ever else, fix them myself. I've always been a "drop fanatic" - I played EQ live for many years (since they started), and all I ever did was camp mobs for their drops. I have many drop rates and spawns from a lot of zones "engraved" in my head.
But how do I tell you what needs to be fixed on spawns and drops? what if you already fixed it in your current datqbase, and I'm wasting your time? I only know whats wrong from the PEQ database availale to the users.
I noticed my favorite expansion LoY, has all zones unpopulated - I have downloaded editors and have them all working, but there must be some table missing for the LoY zones, that enables a starting point for all the NPCs to be placed. I can't (for the life of me) get one NPC to stick there. If someone told me how, I could have most of those zones poplulated with all the named NPC's and their drops. You could then have my work and use it with what you have.
Harbringer's Spire is a great zone - It's all in my head too; I can still see them all standing in their spawn spots. But when it comes to PEQ, I'm still green as they come, trying to figure things out on how to get a bare zone like that rolling.