View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Sarepean
Discordant

I haven't looked at the database about this one yet, but I'm fairly positive that this same result (which I guess would simply be making this guy rarer) could be achieved through a simple database change.

This gives Grizzleknot and Quillmane both a 5% chance of spawning (center foal is the place holder for these in the database). I think that with only these changes, there's still a chance you can double spawn one of these. I thought I could put a spawnlimit on each NPC, but it turns out that it's a spawn group thing and not an NPC specific, but, here's the code with an added measure:

Code:
UPDATE spawnentry SET chance=5 WHERE spawngroupID=14104 AND npcID=14142
UPDATE spawnentry SET chance=5 WHERE spawngroupID=14104 AND npcID=14139
UPDATE spawnentry SET chance=90 WHERE spawngroupID=14104 AND npcID=14049
Extra Measure (Spawn Limit on THIS spawn group, THREE NPCS):
Code:
UPDATE spawngroup set spawnlimit=1 where spawngroupID=14014
There's not really much of a reason to do a quest like this. There are, of course, creative benefits, such as being able to control it's placeholders, etc, but even with your flag set in your quest file, if a Quillmane spawned from the DB, you could possibly have a double spawn.

The quest looks sound, though. Good work. I didn't test it, but the point is that it was a good solution to something you saw as a problem. =)

EDIT:: On second thought, you don't actually need the spawnlimit on that spawn group. If I'm looking at that right, you could never have more then one Quillmane up. You could also not have a Quillmane and a Grizzleknot up. I've only left the code in so that you can see what I did just in case the issue ever comes up again.

EDIT 2:: The spawngroup with Quillmane only has two listed spawn locations in the database. In order to add more for this specific spawn group, use this code and modify the location, heading, and pathgrid---

Code:
insert into spawn2 values (38833, 14104, X, Y, Z, HEADING, 640, 0, PATH GRID, 0, 0, 1)
The values used for the two spawns for the path grid are 88 and 87. I imagine that if you search for a spawn near wherever you decide to place your new spawn points for Quillmane, you should be able to locate the pathgrid fairly easily. Everything else is self explanatory. The first value, btw, is the ID in spawn2. I'm using a fresh PEQ install, 7.0-833 compatible.

-Sarepean

Last edited by Sarepean; 07-27-2006 at 10:03 PM.. Reason: Adding information I think the author might find useful.