View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 01:03 PM
vales
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmanonCow
On live, insta-cast and proc clickies do not consume components.
Can you list some items? It would help out instead of telling us that it's "diffrent" from live. Wepons that have procs (i.e. when you're in battle and the weapon procs - not clicking it like the monk epic) like rune do require a component.

Quote:
Clicky items with a casting time do use components.
What about Skyshrine armor? Jaundiced Armor? Or the Eyepatch of Plunder to name a few? Sorry, but you're wrong there. If you could list some items, it would help though.

Quote:
Possibly charged items don't use components.
Not true. Tinkered items usually have charges that run out and can be recharged with a battery and a tinkering box. If you're talking about something along the lines of a Levitation Ring summoned by mages or Stein of Moggok or something, then you're somewhat right.

Quote:
Ideally, one would want to be able to pick if a given item used components. This dosen't seem to be all that practical.
How is someone to choose whether or not an item has charges or not? Are you suggesting to look through 55069 items and make duplicates of every single item that has charges, or should require components when you cast or proc? Uh... no. :p

If you don't like the changes, you can omit them yourself. But so far, I don't really disagree with the way Zuesrooster is doing it. And I do quote him...

items that should not require component's are those that are already limited by how many charges of the spell they have

Levitation Ring, Stein of Moggok, etc. If it has charges, then it won't require a component.

All other items that are unlimited click or proc should use components.
You fight, weapon procs Rune, you use a peridot.
Item you have has a rune effect. You click it, it uses a peridot.

Is there something I missed? I'm sure he's got unlimited clicky for items like the Jaundiced Bone Bracer and stuff already figured out. I could be wrong though. :p But then again, what nuke in the game ever required a component to cast? Hehe.