View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 12:20 AM
Aramid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox
What I have in mind is to set up a new, server-wide "mob-killer" faction. This could be used as a temporary solution, until, or if I decide to go back and fine tune factions. I say "server wide" , so I can apply it in any zone when needed. Factions aside, the zone just doesn't look or feel right with out these features, and here I am 2 days later, looking for a solution to this
Do you think this can be done?
If you look at West Freport, there is a faction called 'Noobie Monster KOS to Guards'. These are setup on the Guards as aggressive and on mobs such as snakes, beetles, rats etc... as their primary faction. This makes the guards attack them when they are in range. Now, they also kill the Orcs, but that because those individual factions are setup.

You HAVE this as I am using your database and the PEQ Editor and it's all already in there.

So, I think if you just use that as a Template, you'll have what you need, but it may take more than just ONE Faction to get it to work as you need it too, unless you can identitfy which mobs will actually wander thru the Fab Four's camp based on the existing pathing setup and give them your Server Wide faction providing they aren't needed for anything else, like the noobie mobs.