View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 12:22 PM
circuitdragon
Sarnak

I really shouldn't respond to this, I had the same problem. If I can find the link, some one actually made a wonderful guide for NPC creation, both ways....adding using database only commands, and the "in game" method. Please please, use the search feature for the forums, and even just browse all the links for creating/playing/whatever guides. Even if they aren't going to answer the questions at hand, they will teach you something else, which you may need to know in the future. If nothing else, you will have a good idea where to look for that next question. Anyhow....

#1 use #spawn to actually spawn the NPC
**NOTE** Some one can correct me if I am wrong, but at this point, you can not edit your NPC...

#2 use #npcspawn create note above should still apply

#3 zone needs to be reset. Not going to go in to details here, but if its a dynamic zone, just zone out, and back in...if the zone was empty when you left, it will be reset. Your new spawn should be where you left it. Now its added to the DB and in operation. Edits can now be done, as well as the spawnfix command.

I believe this was in some EQEmu guide, or at least the link was on a page with it that has this info. Just search the site, and like I said earlier...you may not find the answer you are looking for right away, but you will read other things that will help out later on.