View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default A problem with the yellow , red, etc. cons

Here's something I noticed while playing EqEmu; It's possible and usually very easy to kill a white, yellow, or red con, even if you go toe to toe on him with a mellee.
On live, Reds were not possible unless you had a group and a plan, yellows extremely hard (almost impossible to solo; needed a group), whites were hard, at least harder than blues. Seems not to matter much on eqemu.
This creates other problems, remember how I always said mobs were too easy, or leveling was too fast? Most of the problem lay here with the yellows and reds, because although you do get much better exp for killing a red or yellow, because hes an easy kill, why even bother leveling with blues?
If you raise the exp bonus so you can get better exp on blues, you raise it all round, thus making a red or yellow kill become outrageous exp, which is all right, if the mob was a hard kill.
So, I wonder if it might be possible to implement some sort of code, that might compare levels between the npc and pc; example, if pc is 5 levels less than npc, then npc will do more damage, or maybe for every level above what the pc is, the npc will increase it damage.
So as not to screw things up, maybe make an adjustable rule on how much damage an NPC can do with this code - an additional rule like this should keep everyone happy.