View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 06:28 PM
kraeger
Fire Beetle

None of my code was used so i don't deserve any credit? Well that is kind of rude.

A problem is around for 2-3 years. I find the bug. I write a code that 100% fix it. People test it and it's working. No more bug.

Two days later, a dev comes around and rewrite my code, fixing the same bug but in a different way. (Using all the info i gathered (i said exactly what was not working), taking notes on how i fixed the bug but not using my code, he write his own code.)
The dev code ends up in 1120:
-Breaking all npcs hair colors, they all have white hairs now (my code solved that problem)
-You can't pick the dark brown hair color, it turns white (my code solved that problem)
-You can't pick one beard model, one face model and one eyecolor (my code solved that problem)

Then, he tells me that i don't deserve any credit for "fixing this bug", since none of my code was used. He also tell me that all i was is the inspiration that helped him make his new amazing improved piece of code. Finally, he says that i can have my name written in the next changelog if that can make me happy.. so i shup up and stop talking about it.

If anyone want to say that this is drama, that i am overreacting, that i'm just crying, go ahead.. this is what i'm doing. But right after you post, please re-read what i wrote and ask yourself if i have any reason to feel that way.

Can i remind that dev that right now, i am the only one who made a working fix for this problem.. and i don't deserve any credit?

Is this how things work here?

*Btw, don't add my name to the changelog. I won't be posting on this forum anymore, don't worry.