View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 01:31 AM
James76
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Edit: I agreed with you at first, but that's not right. Think about it, the door would REQUIRE the key to allow the player in. We need the key to be optional. In the current system if keyitem is filled in, then that key is required.
OK I did some further testing before posting... And back at the POI factory door, I decided to put a debug message in the code to tell me the key needed on the door so I wouldn't be mistaken. It defaults to 1, which is a nonexistent item. So I set it to 25755, rebooted the servers, and tried the door.

I found that "u"sing the door doesn't work when we talk about perl scripts for the quest lock, you actually have to click on the door. This should now be considered a known bug. And its telling me that the key required is 25755 but because of the perl code (and the fact I killed the mech dragon for the flag) its still letting me through.

And if I click low on the door it doesn't trigger the perl event for some weird reason. But every time I click above the 50% mark of the screen (at any angle) the event_clickdoor fires.

OK so then I created the key, and clicked low on the door so it wouldn't fire the perl script.. Door opens, added to keyring. Destroying key.. Now clicking high on the door to fire the perl event script.. And the door is opening and then closing because the script fires first and then the door code fires, but because the door is open it sets the door flag to close. So it opens and closes promptly in the same server's game iteration cycle, so you don't get to see it move at all.

So that's something to think about. I'm going to bed to ponder an elegant solution..