View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Congdar
Developer

On my server I cranked the bonus exp down due to fast leveling with bots, but it is still higher than Live. I also added more experience loss on death to help balance it out. This code has a different way of mitigating the exp but what you said about ease... maybe a different solution than what either of us did is to make the npc's harder. Looking at the npc entries in the db, except for bosses it looks like theres a pattern to npc level and stats. Maybe Cavedude can tell us how to make it more difficult overall.

Since I spend more time coding bots than actually playing the emulator, do those that play in a full group of equal level players find the emulator reds super easy and do you level so fast that you feel you would reduce exp more to balance the game? Are the regular groupers on TGC 65 and max AA real quick? I use the peq database. I believe that the bots are no different than a group of equal level players. The bots have some advantages, but many disadvantages as well. Experience is calculated by the same code as a group of pc's as it is for a pc with a group of bots.