View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 11:37 PM
trevius
Developer

If you want to know the formulas, the easiest way is to read the source code. Most of these formulas aren't overly challenging to understand, but you have to consider that some of them have so many variables to their calculations that it would be extremely hard to put easy to read formulas for them all.

My best advise would be to either leave them as they are or tune them by adjusting in small increments and testing.

Yes, 0.035 on the base proc chance means 3.5% chance, but there are alot of other factors that go into it that you would need to consider before making any major changes to that. Even at 3.5%, with some really good modifiers, you can reach nearly 20% or so, which with duel wield and double attack could mean procing nearly every round. It all depends on the gear and other settings on your server.

To find the formulas in the source code, just open up a windows explorer window, right click on your EQEmu source directory and select "search". Then, in the "Containing Text" box, past the name of the rule (i.e. "BaseProcChance") and click search. Then, open any files it finds other than ruletypes.h and do a "Find" on the rule name in that file. Then just look at the code around it. Sometimes the formula will be right there, but in most cases, they can be pretty confusing to grasp at first. I don't know of any better way to understand exactly what they mean though.