View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 10:26 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
Yeah, I am looking at a level 16 NPC with base HP (which is 100) from the database (the hp field) and 187 stats (all stats are 75 in the database and scalerate is set to 100%.)

Something also to note is the NPC is wielding a statless 2Hander. It is also a warrior. It also happens to the same NPCs each time.
The NPC is level 16, but is that the level or the random level generated from maxlevel? Are you using an NPC that can scale from level 1 up to 16 or so? This scaling system is specifically meant for very small level ranges at the low level range. It can be used for more variance in level range the higher level you go, but at the low level range it would be really hard to control how stats scale to give good enough results if you are using a very wide range like 1 to 20 or so. For lower than level 25 or so, I would recommend keeping the level and maxlevel settings within 5 levels or less most of the time. If you were doing level 40 to maxlevel 50 ranges (or higher level ranges), that wouldn't be as bad because the scaling would be quite a bit more leveled in that range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
Also, to narrow it down a bit, even with int placed in front of maxhp like the other ones, it still happens. So it's definately not related to a lack of int in front of the hp. The other stats still work fine, which makes me worried that it's some HP thingy.
If you notice this only on NPC that actually wear equipment (visible), then it could possibly be something related to the hp calculating functions that get used when calculating bonuses for NPCs for the gear they are wearing. If it is doing those calculations before the level scaling portion is run, it could probably effect the total outcome. Though, I don't think that would be the case. Everything for checking level should be using GetLevel, which gets the actual variable "level", which is what the scaling is setting. I think HPs may do the same, but maybe I need to check out the GetHP() method to make sure nothing is actually pulling that info from the database value.

Last edited by trevius; 08-11-2009 at 06:30 AM..