View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
The NPC is level 16, but is that the level or the random level generated from maxlevel? Are you using an NPC that can scale from level 1 up to 16 or so? This scaling system is specifically meant for very small level ranges at the low level range. It can be used for more variance in level range the higher level you go, but at the low level range it would be really hard to control how stats scale to give good enough results if you are using a very wide range like 1 to 20 or so. For lower than level 25 or so, I would recommend keeping the level and maxlevel settings within 5 levels or less most of the time. If you were doing level 40 to maxlevel 50 ranges (or higher level ranges), that wouldn't be as bad because the scaling would be quite a bit more leveled in that range.
Random generated from maxlevel. I'll try to keep it 1-10 and see how that goes. Due to the gear on my server, those mobs would not be hard that were generated. But the issue might still stand. We'll see. Tweaking it now, will post results.