View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 04:39 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, that definitely opens up some options for custom content

I would suggest adding 2 more fields to that for Race and Gender instead of doing this:

Code:
svm->Voice = (GetArrayRace(From->GetRace()) * 2) + From->GetGender();
We could probably break that up by doing this:

Code:
svm->Voice = (GetArrayRace(in_race) * 2) + in_gender;
And just set in_race and in_gender on the input of the command. We can always set a default for in_race and in_gender to be human male or something if it wasn't specified.

Other than that, there is only 1 more thing I think we need to work out on this; The messages that the client shows when a voice macro is sent. I am not even sure if it is possible to create the audio sound without triggering the tell, group, or raid messages, but I definitely think it is worth playing around with filling in the structure with different things to try it. Last night, I had Secrets try sending a type of 0, since 1 is tell, 2 is group and 3 is raid, but he said that just gave no result at all. I am probably going to play around with this a bit and see if there is anyway to trick adjust that packet so it sends the sound without sending the message. Basically, I want it to work like when you click the "test" button in the voice macro window, where you just hear the sound and no message is sent. Maybe if we changed the type field to 4 it would do it, or maybe one of the other fields in the struct can cause it to not display the message.

I thought for sure that there used to be a way to trigger the voice macro without sending the message. So, when someone was doing a pull, they could have their normal pull hotkey message and then trigger any audio they wanted to go with that, without having to send a second message to the group/raid. It has been years since I actually played with it though, so maybe I am making that up, lol.

Anyway, this is definitely a cool option, and I think it has a lot of potential to add more diversity for people who actually play with sound turned on