View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Umlaut
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up Stuck Newb.

Ok, another total Emu newb here.
Trying to follow the guide on the wiki, but it seems to be a little outdated.
This is going to sound completely nitpicky, but when I am trying to follow a guide to do something I know nothing about, I need total Captain Dummy instructions.
You know, type this, change to this directory, type this, move this file to this directory, etc, etc...
That said, I thank you for all the time and trouble you have gone through to write this guide up for everyone.

The first thing I noticed different is when I download the latest rev, EQEmu-Rev1874-Bots.zip, it didn't have a Build folder in it, just files, and a sql_updates folder.
Not a problem, I unpacked it into a seperate folder.
Next, got tortoise svn installed.
Rightclicked on the c:\mysql\bin folder and did the svn checkout step.
Put the correct url in the top line for the repository.
Then the next line was a little unclear: "The line under that where it says Checkout directory: is the location of the folder you are downloading it to - keep an eye on that to make sure it's the correct folder."
I was unsure what this meant, and how was I supposed to know if it was the correct folder or not?
Was it supposed to checkout to \mysql\bin, or was I supposed to leave the default folder in the line: C:\MySQL\bin\projecteqdb ?
I tried leaving it the default, and also tried changing it to download to just: C:\MySQL\bin.
Ok, the next step is where I am stopped.
I started mysql command line.
Created the database.
Use peq.
Then when I tried to enter the next command, source peqdb_rev1751.sql , I get:
ERROR:
Failed to open file 'peqdb_rev1751.sql', error: 2

I noticed that if I moved to .sql files to the bin folder, the command worked, but is that what I am supposed to do?

Thanks!