View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 06:21 AM
Uleat
Developer

I'm trying to sort out some issues as I make changes. One of the things I need to know is this:

Do all clients operate in the same manner in regards to inventory placement order? I can account for any discrepancies in
client versions, but I just need to know about them.

I also know about the top-to-bottom fill order of the personal inventory slots, and the left-to-right of bag slots.

Here is the actual placement order that I have observed with my SoF client:

[Stackable Item Charge Movements Only]
> Slot 22
>> Slot 22 : Bag Slots (0 -> 9)
> Slot 23
>> Slot 23 : Bag Slots (0 -> 9)

..etc... etc...

> Slot 29
>> Slot 29 : Bag Slots (0 -> 9)
> Slot 30
>> Slot 30 : Bag Slots (0 -> 9)

[Stackable Movement Reiteration/Regular Item Movement]
> Slot 22
>> Slot 22 : Bag Slots (0 -> 9)
> Slot 23
>> Slot 23 : Bag Slots (0 -> 9)

..etc... etc...

> Slot 29
>> Slot 29 : Bag Slots (0 -> 9)
> Slot 30
>> Slot 30 : Bag Slots (0 -> 9)
>>> Slot 30 Array Push

The functions/methods that I'm dealing with at the moment all start at 22 and end at 29. I am changing the max to 30
and will check in-game to see if worn slots are included when considering certain actions. (I have not tried 'looting' an
arrow to see where it goes yet.)

If the worn slots are auto-equipped by the client, but are pushed into the personal inventory by the server, this would
account for the CSD (Client-Server Desyncronization..I got tired of spelling that everytime...) and massive item loss
associated with it.

[Theory:]
(Player auto-loots a corpse with a partial stack in ammo -> auto-equips all weapons and armor -> finds stackable ammo for the
range slot..client puts it in the ammo slot, but server puts it in slot 22 -> transfers the the bags..client puts all of the
bags in the proper place, but server places last bag on the cursor -> player zones and finds a bag on his/her cursor...
Speculative..but would like to know if anyone has experienced that exactly. I may have to test this.)

I'm still learning the processes involved and may answer my own question about the auto-equip issue.

Thanks to everyone that's provided feedback so far!

Compilin' Dirty