Thread: New to EQEMU
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 04:20 AM
knowom
Discordant

So how many static zones should I be able to handle on a server with 4GB of ram roughly?

I'm thinking 15 races in total (titanium) [not using Drakkin] for the server. So I figure 15 city zones required for my intentions. Another 15 connected zones attached to said city zones. Then another 15 dungeon zones.

So that's 45 zones pretty much required though I could get away with less dungeon zones if I needed to and reduce it down to around 5 which would shaved it down to roughly 35 required zones.

Now ideally I'd like to add a bit more travel/dungeon zones on top of the 35-45 zones if possible something like 10 more outdoor zones and 5 more dungeons for about 50-60 zones in total.

Here's my general server idea I'd like to strive for eventually as a project. I'd like take the 15 races cities and coordinate space them out in general circle if you will with a travel zone separating them in between that also features a dungeon in it or off of it in a neighboring connected zone and I'd like a end game dungeon in a zone right dead in the middle of it all which players from each race eventually can get to and fight within.

The hope is to create some type of unpredictable evolving territorial control and conquest going on with racial alliances being formed and broken amongst the different races of the world.

Raiding other races cities and various outlying dungeons for loot progression is somewhat I want to be a vital part of the server which in turn eventually leads to being able to handle tougher portions of the game.

Eventually I want it to lead to the very center of the struggle for power and a dungeon where there will be a 1 ring to rule them all sort of a situation going on.

I'd like to make it so once a raid kills a mob a this struggle point they get character flagged permanently and a ring, but it also sets in motion consequences to the rest of the world server that isn't yet flagged.

Once flagged players can do special quests using the ring to deter the rest of the server from becoming flagged and earning said ring within a certain threshold limitation that lead to rewards and such all while progressing to something bigger and more devious.

Flagged player will have access to a special arena zone they can port to where flagged players can challenge themselves via different quests that spawn encounters which have loot. There will be tiers of progression to this that leads to a final challenge. You'll need better gear XP/AAXP that eventually comes to a final fight that ultimately resets the server to a clean slate.

Each tier will require different progressive quest triggers you need to unlock before you can move on those quest triggers will be throughout the world itself and involve both kill tasks, but will provide essential loot upgrades you'll ultimately probably need for the next tier.

After the server is reverted to a clean slate the players involved will special no drop item that gives them a bit of a permanent noticeable helping edge moving forward and ideally I'd like to also give them a title maybe it'll be a right click effect on the item to turn the title on or off perhaps.

Basically after the server clean slate wipe the cycle continues over again and everything old is new and reborn once again and a new journey starts and awaits.

Also perhaps when the server does restart to a clean slate I changes a bit like the starting cities connecting zones get switched and altered a bit so it evolves as well and it evolves the actual quest tasks in turn.