View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayward6 View Post
I believe I have come to a conclusion... There might be too many small issues going on for me to run a server these days :( I cannot fix the buffs dropping, I cannot speak in /ooc and it looks like chat is not connecting at all, and I even noticed that the default login server is wrong in the eqemu_config.xml file... There are probably a dozen little issues that seem to be all over the forum and I probably don't have the skill to figure out all of them.
It is probably better that we work through them because everyone else is going to run into them and if you just give up then we can't correct the issues.

The buffs issue is related to you missing proper columns in the database, so when you zone the data wasn't actually able to store properly so its not going to be there when the server tries to reassign them to the character.

Check your utils/sql/git/required/ for any missing updates, yours sounds like this:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...uff_update.sql

The default config has login.eqemulator.net which is the right one.

The chatserver not being able to connect could be as simple as eqemu_config.xml settings. Hard to know unless we get some sort of error.

/ooc is a rule setting for minimum level required to chat in /ooc.

Quote:
1 Chat:GlobalChatLevelLimit 1