View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 10:28 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilightmist View Post
I was playing around with global server wide quests last night, and wanted to run a simple test in player.pl to write some text when a character levels up. I named the file global_player.pl and put it in the global quest directory. There is a global_player.lua file in there already. When the character leveled, the text did not display. The code was your example sample player quest code:

sub EVENT_LEVEL_UP {
$client->Message(15, "You've leveled up, you are now $ulevel, perhaps you should go adventure elsewhere now.");
}

My question is, does only one of these files take presidence? I don't want to disturb the .lua file there because it looks like it adds adventure text I would like to see.

The reason for asking is my goal is to have a quest that scribes players spells when they level up. Is player.pl the place to put such a quest? Can someone suggest an alternative?

Thanks!
Yes, if there is a LUA equivalent to a particular type of quest file (in your case the global_player) then, it has precedence over PL (perl).

So you have two options. Remove the LUA version (or rename it to, say, global_player.lu$) or learn LUA and use it and/or Perl (though knowing what I stated above).