View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 11:45 AM
MarcusD
Banned

I was reading through that forum link someone provided and I think the direction we need to go is not too complicated. We start a file sharing thing like FTP or whatever where we all put our current progress. We don't need any more organization than that I feel. Someone could grab the files where we are at and make more changes. All it would need is a little readme file so everyone can record when they got it and from who and what changes they made. It may be a little messy but it's a start. And this way the project is super robust, no one could decide to close the source because there are so many 'snapshots' around the web.

Also don't take it wrong but my server is called 'NeverQuest' for a reason. I think we can totally neglect quests in our quest to bring EQ back to classic (and thus save a ton of work). I think the whole point of an mmo vs PC rpg's is that in an MMO you don't NEED quests. Ever. MMO was made to be free open world where your interaction with other players creates your goals. Has anyone else thought that?