View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 10:05 PM
Aeventh
Fire Beetle

Awh...I have this silly grin now. Thank you all!

As we come up on our sixth month anniversary in just a couple weeks, I wanted to share a bit from my perspective.

This project has been one of the most time consuming, yet rewarding experiences I've had in a very long time. I set out to bring a childhood desire to life and was fortunate enough to meet many wonderful and talented individuals that have helped, taught, and encouraged me along the way. The overall supportive nature of the greater EQEmu/PEQ community is truly incredible and I consider myself proud to be a part of it.

As of this post, we have accomplished every single goal on our initial roadmap for Retribution, and then some.

Every week since our launch has been filled with bug fixes, iterative balance passes, and implementation of content based on community feedback according to the vision for this little slice of EQ nostalgia.

I'd list all the things we've done, but there are simply too many. I welcome anyone that's interested to check out the #change-log in Discord to see all the many wonderful changes. Engage with the community. I know it's not for everyone, but I know it's exactly what some have been looking for. If you want a quick overview, you can find one on the FAQ page of RetributionEQ.com

As some players have gone on to defeat Quarm, I was asked, will we be unlocking future expansions. The answer to that is no. For me, my fondest memories of EQ ended in PoP. However, we have a different plan for progression beyond Quarm that involves an intimate tie to the theme of the server- which is what and how we remember EQ.

For our 6th month anniversary we will be opening the first Fabled raid encounter and intend on opening one, every month or two, based on classic raid encounters, for the foreseeable future. This is a manageable cadence for us long term that provides further progression without tarnishing the goal of providing a familiar, albeit, more powerful way to relive some of our favorite EQ memories through Planes of Power. These encounters will be a continuation of the personal progression locks which previously ended with Quarm. More details to come in the near future!

Thank you all again for the kind words and a thank you to those that are just reading along and smiling. Thank you for enjoying what we've created. I look forward to making many more fond memories with you!