View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 06:42 AM
KhaN
Dragon

Quote:
First, who on here actually runs the EQEmu LS?
Doodman make LS, LE host it (i think, correct me if im wrong)

Quote:
And second question, what is not secure about the code in it that disallows it's distribution, or is the EQEmu LS code not compiled code?
There are a lots of topics about this subject, nothing really prevent them to release it, they just dont want to, its their choice,.

Quote:
I know that the recent but currently defunct Minilogin was written in Perl
I wouldnt say defunct, neither old, but yes, on some points, you are right, Minilogin is no more compatible EQLive.

Quote:
From a technical perspective, what is it that is keeping you from being able to update ML? Did Sony change something in the handshake that can't be simply updated?
First, few peoples have the skills required to work on a LoginServer, this make only 1 months now we are working on "World of Alkora" one. Basically, "World of Alkora" server is meant to run our server which is on 5.7DR6, and we decided to release the source to allow other peoples to become independant from EQEmu LS. Now, what retain us from going to live ? Well, our vision is rather different than EQEmu one, our server is under development, and catching live is far from being a priority, mainly because we have a tons of things to dvelop. We are actually converting our PERL LS to C++, to allow more people to work and improving it, making it opensource LS. With all the hands on EQEmu, im sure we can all work together to make a valuable LS that can quickly catch up live.