View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 01:06 AM
trevius
Developer

Default Moving Horses to a Table

Instead of letting the source hard code everything about handling horses, I think it is about time to move them into their own table. I have looked into this a little bit, but don't have anything solid yet. I just wanted to get the idea out there.

I will look into what needs to change to get them to load from tables. I think a format like this should work for a table:

Code:
Table Name: horse_types

Fields:
id, filename, race, gender, texture, mountspeed, gnome_size, halfling_size, dwarf_size, froglok_size, halfelf_size, darkelf_size, woodelf_size, highelf_size, erudite_size, human_size, iksar_size, vahshir_size, barbarian_size, ogre_size, troll_size, notes
That should let you set the filename to match the filename text in the spell file. Then, you can set race, gender, and texture of how you want the mount to look (including the mechboar and maybe other custom models). Then, mountspeed can be set to any run value.

I am not sure how mount size is set currently yet, so I think a field for each race to set the mount size on a per race basis should work unless there is a better way.

Last, I think that a notes field might be useful so you can put "Spell: 2866 Tan Ornate Chain" or whatever you want in there. That would just make things easier to keep track of.

I will try to start figuring out the code for this soon, but any help/input is appreciated