View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 10:17 AM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

This is how i set a faction to kos to a group of npcs.
Kind of a rough work around on some parts.
Note: I use dark rogue's database editor also. I am certain there is an easier way of doing this, but as I am still in the baby steps phase of dbase moding: this is how i do it.

If you dont have any NPC ID numbers, start here to find them:

1. Go to your database, in faction_list, find the name of the factions you want from Name field. (Note: you need at least 2 values here: One of the creature to react to, and one of the creature that is reacting)
2. In Dark Rogue's Database editor: Goto Tools, Faction Table editor, edit faction table
3. Type faction name (from step 1) into the search, and select the appropriate one (if more than one is similar)
4. This will show you their Primary_Faction_ID.
5. Right click in the center area to add the faction name (from faction_list: step 1 again) of the npcs you want to react to. This won't accept a 0 value for now, but we will correct that so you dont actually get a faction hit later.
6. Save this after changes are added.
7. Any npc with this faction will be listed in Table_ID number (under NPC_factions in dBase)
8. Goto Tools, NPC editor, edit npcs (in dark rogue dbase editor)
9. Type in the name of the npc you want to add to this faction.
10. Goto Tables fields at the bottom, add the faction ID(from step 4) to this npc.

If you have the ID numbers for both the creature you are changing and the creature you are reacting to: Start here

11. Goto dbase, NPC_faction_entries (right click on this and chose to open with a larger number than default or you might not see what you need: select something like 50000 to see them all *no idea what the limit is.. so i pick a BIG number to make sure*) -- this may take awhile to finish loading.
12. npc_faction_id actually the Table_ID number (from step 7 above). -- this will change for all the npcs associated with this number, not just a single npc. (example: this is the faction ID of the guards outside Qeynos that just wait for the gnoll pups to get too close)
13. faction_id in the second column is the npcs this first value will react to. (example: this is the gnoll pup that the guard swings at when it hits the gate)
14. Find the npc_faction_id of the creature you want to change, then find the faction_id that is associated with the npc_faction_id of the creature you want it to react to. (example: make sure you are looking at the gnoll pups in the section associated with the Qeynos Guards)
15. If you dont want a faction hit to show. Set value = 0. (This is the 3rd field in this table)
16. set npc_value to -1 if you want the creature to attack, set to 1 if you want them to assist that faction_id. (This is the 4th field of the table)

I hope that was what you were asking for. If not, please ignore me. If it is, then Im certain someone can trim that down alot to a more useable list.