View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 01:13 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathernitwit
will one of you please put a reasonable guide to NPC guard-style aggro up on the wiki as this thread will get lost.
Here's one problem I found with the guards and aggro, And have been trying to find a "work- around" for it;
Guard Brookrock says 'For the defense of Kelethin!!'
Guard Brookrock says 'For the protection of all Fier'Dal, there shall be no mercy for your kind.
that was the Gfay guards quote when they kill off mobs for you.

And this,
"It's bashing time!!"
is a quote from Sigan Ilbirku at Cauldron, as he kills off a mob for you.

Well, Sigan's attach quote works fine, but the guards in GFay remain silent - I tried everything (EVENT_ATTACK, EVENT_AGRRO, EVENT_SLAY) with the same results. I realized the the NPC will not say anything, unless you hit him first. In Dagnors, Sigan always has to fight it out a while, so they hit back and we get the "It's bashing time!!" text. But with the guards, they kill so fast, the mob never hits back, so they never say anything. I guess EVENT_SLAY is for when a PC dies and not an NPC, because it didn't work either. If I'm right and there is no method for an NPC to quote when he attacks, then it would be nice to have one of these events fixed (in the code) to that. for example EVENT_SLAY could apply to PC's and NPC's, or EVENT_AGGRO could add on when the Guard goes to help a PC.
I've been thinking of a way to get the guards to talk in a situation like that but so far, haven't been able to.

If someone would wiki - post anything that's worth while from me, I would appreciate it - My problem with doing this is my health; I'm cursed with arthritis, and try to avoid sitting/typing over long periods of time - which I do anyways, but Wiki would just add to sitting time.