View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 03:54 PM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

gave some examples. so any idea how to get aa's to show up in the aa window, or how to edit anything in the database such as spells items aa's merchant list as honestly I've tried the tool section of the guide and i cant get anything there to run as most of the "tools" don't even have an exe or application tagged file in them or the guide to use them such as the peq is so vague in the steps that my non sysadmin brain doesn't have the knowledge to find the next step.

i mean im going to be honest here i have edited my own games before but never touched server side programing. i don't even know how to start a command prompt that would interact with the server as when i start server with login server it gives me 4 command prompt looking windows that just monitor and don't have input and a pl window that seems to not be input able either. i don't see any way of altering the server so far other then logging in a character and playing with or with out gm tag.

i have no clue of what program can even read the shared files in the shared folder as they are labeled as just "file" and so i cant even start to search of what to do with them as notepad+ seems to find them "nulled" out for the most part.

i have tried with the aa's to copy a currently updated dbstr_us from a known working live client and that didn't fix the problem and i have no clue of where to put such a file in the server's set up as honestly i don't see one there to replace.

i get that this is all a lot of information you guys are handing out for free on this site and that your not obligated to help me out as you have never said hey register here and we will hold your hand and coddle you through this. but the front page makes this seem like it will be a 15 min install and you have a server and can do with in it almost anything that the game's engine will allow to be done. and i havent had that experance.