View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 08:45 AM
EQFAN2009
Fire Beetle

Lightbulb Progress update - minor success!

Update time
The learning curve is beginning to level out! I've tried a few different approaches now with one semi-successful i.e. download Cavedude's PEQ-LOY Server install pack and maps. Configuration is MQSQL5.0, Active Perl 5.8 and the above packs. Still having intermittent problems with 'Server Not Responding' message when zoning in from the Character selection screen to starting zone. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. First success was achieved by bypassing my ADSL modem and LAN and going out via my Blackberry's internet connection, so it's looking more and more like a LAN-hardware/firewall/portforwarding issue. Ulitmate goal is to have Eqemulator V8.0 or greater on Gentoo 64, but will take it a step at a time. If anyone has any advice or guidance on G64 compiles for EQEmu please send a message and or links!
Have also tried Win32 compile from source - no luck - am use to Gentoo Linux compiles not Win.
Anyway I suspect some of my earlier problems was caused by confusing the advice and files provided by the PEQ site and this one!!! The directory contains minilogin, PEQ and SVN code from various locations - could be compatibility issues! Will wipe the server director and start from scratch.