View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 06:39 PM
cloudshear
Fire Beetle

Default New server install. Zone problems.

Hello everyone

I would first like to say thank you to all the people who have contributed to this project over the years. You have done an amazing job! We are very grateful for all your hard work.

Now for the two issues I am having with our new server..

We used the new install server program to get the server running and followed all the instructions to get it set up with the private login server for lan use. We used our eq titanium disk set for the client.

My first problem is a small one. When attempting to zone into Highpass from Kithicor it says entering unknown zone. Then the client crashes with the message "cannot find the zone file VFJ". I can still enter Highpass from East Karana with no problems. If there is no easy fix for that one I can just let everyone know to enter through Karana.

My second problem is with Nektulos Forest. When I zone from the pok I am stuck on a bridge and can't move. If I enter through East Commons I am floating in blackness with the npcs raining down all around me.
I tried to follow the client fixes on this thread http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ighlight=misty.
After that I can zone in from East Commons but cannot zone back. Nor can I zone to lavastorm. If I come from pok I am stuck in a tree. All the npcs seem to be raining down as well.

Is there a simple way to fix this? I have no experience editing the database for the server. Could it be corrected somehow on the gm account? Or would it be possible to turn on the new zone version to fix it. Right now my main concern is getting to lavastorm so if npc spawns are not working that is fine.

Thanks for an help in advance.