View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 09:45 AM
Vire70
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamilton634 View Post
I tried that as well. I found that there were two overlapping zone points. One kept sending me to version 1, which semi worked. When I disabled that zone point and set the version 0 zone point to work for my client version, it sent me to version 0, but I'm encountering invisible walls near the Neriak entrance. I even tried using the #goto command to jump to npcs, but couldn't move with most of the ones by the bridge. It's as if the collision doesn't match the zone geometry.
I wonder, did you ever resolve this? I have been setting myself up a server today/last night and getting Nektulos to zone right has been a real stumbling block for me.

I found that after deleting the 'new' Nektulos.eqg files that I could load the classic Nektulos alright... but there's two 'versions' of the old zone, version 0 which for me has functioning zone points (to go out into ecom/lava/neriaka), but then when I go out into one of those zones and zone back into nektulos, it sends me to nektulos version 1, which doesn't have functioning zone points (and I can't even find a reference to it in zone points).

If I do #zone nektulos it sends me to version 0, from where I can zone out normally at the correct points. But I can't figure out why if you zone in from neriaka/ecom/lava that it sends you to version 1 of the map when there's no clear reference to that in the database.

I even went to zones and deleted the nektulos version 1 entry altogether (ID 439), and it still sends me to that zone in game.

As a side note, not a single NPC is spawning in nektulos for me (either version 0 or 1) so maybe that's related.

Pertinent details: This server is a fresh PEQ install, running on a clean ROF2 client (with deleted .eqg files; trying to get classic maps to load).

[EDIT]: Okay, so I figured the issue out and fixed it. It suddenly leapt out at me as I was looking at another forum posts of Huppy's (from here) where I think I took some of his SQL code earlier to set up the zone points for Nektulos.
I guess it was meant to set it up for the 'new' Nektulos, and so the target instance on one of my Neriaka (and ecom and lava) was set to 1 instead of 0. Changed to 0 and now it's fixed.
Now on to figuring out why 0 npcs spawn, lol.
[EDIT2electricBoogaloo] Which if anyone else has happen to them, as they probably will if they ever try switching to <10 expansions via Rule settings on PEQ, I fixed that over here.

Last edited by Vire70; 07-15-2021 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: UPDATE