View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 01:06 PM
fault
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by So_1337 View Post
Actually, he did seem to have at least some legitimate sour grapes. There are two different threads on the PEQ forums discussing the issues with the implementation of this code.

Where I disagree with Fault, however, is in saying that it should not be committed into the code. It absolutely should; all it needs is a little tweaking and debugging like most code submissions. They're submitted here so many different pairs of eyes can look things over and try them out, reporting back what needs fixed.

Oh, and limiting connections isn't part of this code, and should be taken to that thread if you want to complain about it. However, complain about the code if it's broken. If you don't like what it does, then just turn the rule off. The server operators get their choice in the matter.
I don't like it because it is to buggy at the moment(anti-hack). For those of us who don't cheat it made it really hard to play on PEQ. It seemed to detect NPC warping as cheat warping and punished everyone accordingly, making it hard to do stuff like hedge. And there was an issue with dynamic zones loading after it was implemented, which was fixed after they removed the code

thus Why I would suggest No commit to eqemu for a while atleast.

and yea cave the anticheat caught my guild leader and his 6 boxes, wierd I never knew he warped O_O I guess you just really don;t know who is using mq2 legitly and who isn't huh? Thus why I use wineq2 for boxingsimple effective and no possible way to cheat with it or be called a cheater.