View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Xanathol
Sarnak

I've been looking all over the forums for info on reverting zones to pre-revamp status and I have to say, it is all a bit overwhelming. Some posts are really old, some speak of updates that were 'to be publicly available' but the status appears unresolved, etc. It is quite likely that my search-fu is just lacking, but running that risk, I was curious is anyone in the know could fill in the blanks below so maybe we'd have a '1 stop thread/post' for this topic?

Basically, are the original zone / spawns / pathing / loot table already there? If so, how to enable? If not, is there a way to enable it (ex. HHP)? Is there a 'public' DB update available to revert? Etc.

I'll list the easy ones since those are the only ones I seem to know about. All of the below are already present in the DB and appear in working order (just change zone destinations / client version to enable):

1. misty thicket - misty
2. south ro - sro
3. north ro - nro
4. east commonlands - ecommons
5. west commonlands - commons
6. oasis - already setup with north & south ro
7. freeport east - freporte
8. freeport west - freportw
9. freeport north - freportn
10. toxxulia - tox
11. innothule swamp - innothule

These are the ones that appear to take some alternate actions / work, as mentioned in this thread or elsewhere that I am uncertain of the status:

1. Droga - npc capture list available in this thread; rest to be done by hand?
2. Nurga - same as Droga?
3. Temple of Caciz Thule - ???
4. Splitpaw (pre-elementals) - ???
5. Rathe Mountains (pre-frogs) - ???
6. Highhold Pass - ???
7. Lavastorm - maybe an update from this thread?
8. Nektulous - ???

So for the above... 1. is there a publicly shared DB update? 2. Captures available? 3. Workarounds (ex. from what I have read HHP has been a pita but I don't know if it still is and Lavastorm & Nek require clientside changes + db updates?)? I'll try to update this post with responses.

FYI the latest live expansion, The Broken Mirror, has 'brought back' the original Plane of Hate... sort of. The zone file is available but of course the pops, etc are all new. Anyone have any captures of the original and maybe an idea how to mesh the two?