View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 08:10 PM
GLGanjika
Hill Giant

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
That guide is great for initial install.

From the content in some of your other posts, it sounds like you might be interested in customizing your content.

You need to be aware that updating your database WILL wipe out your modifications if you modify any tables that are listed
in the Drop_System.sql file.

There is information around here concerning the export of modifications prior to updating. The 'Golden Rule' though is not to
update unless you want/need a particular game fix.

As far as installing your database, the guide stated to:

'use peq'

'source peqdb_rev1756.sql'

'source load_player.sql'

'source load_bots.sql' (only if you're using the bot build)

(I believe there is now suppose to be a semicolon ';' at the end of all action lines..otherwise you get a new line and the
command doesn't process. You shouldn't need it for 'use peq.')

It then tells you to look for eqemu-sponsored and peqdb-sponsered updates. Base database files are generally 'tied' to
a eqemu server revision. You just need to make sure that the provided updates start at, or are greater than, the
revision listed in the database filename. You should not apply older patches than this number..unless specifically told to.
You can actually put bugs into your database that the new release was suppose to fix, or new bugs altogether...

Updating a database with a new 'revision' usually entails dropping the current 'system' tables and sourcing in the new
'system' tables.

Something like this:

'use peq'

'source drop_system.sql;'

'source peqdb_rev####.sql;'

Then, checking for and sourcing any additional eqemu or peq updates like stated above.

Anytime a new eqemu revision comes out, you should check for those 'sponsered' updates. Sometimes,
other files will also be updated (like opcodes.conf, etc... Those would need to be copied over to your ..\eqemu\
directory as well. Keep an eye on what files are actually updated when you do a SVN update.)

Technically, you should be able to start at peqdb_rev0001 and just add the updates as they come out. This may not
be what is true though. If you have issues or questions regarding whether you should update or do a clean install,
just ask when you're ready to do so. There may be issues that only the new database build will fix.

EQEmu patches and PEQ database updates are usually tied together to some extent. There will be times when you can't
just update one or the other. Just make yourself aware of what needs to be updated before you actually start the
update process.

Don't be afraid to ask (or to look through the posts) for an answer. I've found that everyone here is more than willing to
help as long as you're willing to listen.

U
The thing is I have Rev2142, the guide just says an older revision, I followed the guide as best I could but got 2142 [and for the record eqemu 0.8.0 - on a side note still trying to fidn out if zoneproxy is compatible with this eqemu]... is there a chance I'm still missing something? I still can't inspect anything. As usual, any and all feedback is welcomed and appreciated.