View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 06:35 AM
Splose
Banned

My opinion is to go with logical lore like what you outlined when it is not going to create negative experiences for players. I think for instance with Clerics being able to nuke undead harder than wizards.. Players are just going to bring 6 Clerics to places like Sebilis to the exclusion of other classes.

I have thought about doing this stuff in the past as well but every server I have been involved in from a development perspective literally just devolves into players logging in and asking what the best class is and going with that. If casters are strong people will just literally not play melee and vice versa. We have all played this game for so long that it seems even on custom servers people just want to min/max to the end as quickly as possible even if they are playing classes they don't enjoy. Obviously this isn't everyone but its a lot of people.

I will say that I think it is good that someone is thinking outside of the box and actually making something different for once. I think the server list has been pretty stale lately. The bar for new servers has been set low for quite a long time.

This is an interesting discussion, though. I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on this.